+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused

Apate492

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hello all,
My PGWP was refused Friday, Nov. 08,2019 because I had 3 part time semesters in between. There is a window to apply for restoration of status as I am out of status now. I was wondering what should I do?
1. Apply for restoration as student and PGWP.
2. Apply for restoration just as a student with new college letter?
What are the chances and if anybody have some information, that would be really great.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Why would you now be eligible for PGWP if you restored to student? You still have three part time semesters.

I believe you can only restore to visitor.

Apate492

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Why would you now be eligible for PGWP if you restored to student? You still have three part time semesters.

I believe you can only restore to visitor.
I could get a new college letter and restore my status as student. I was a student before I applied for PGWP and since it is refused, I could apply for student maybe.

Apate492

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
yes you can apply to study elsewhere again, assuming its approved.

make sure you arent part time this time round and your pgwp shld be no problem.

why were you part time for 3 semesters though? thats long
I had a course which needed compulsorily C grade which I didnt have and so there was this other course which wasnt available to me. So I repeated the course and then took the other course.

Exhausted001

Nov 1, 2023
Thank you so much for replying. I already got a letter of acceptance for a diploma but I read somewhere that your explanation letter as to included why you want to go back to school and strong ties back to your home country is this true ?

Apate492

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
What do you mean by a one-year course (on top of a 2-year course)?
Initially, I did a two-year course that had a gap which was why my PGWP was rejected. I applied for restoration and then studied for a year. My representative applied for my PGWP after that showing that I did three years' course in total and luckily received a three-year PGWP.