+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSED

tyh

May 11, 2016
Hello,
Could you please give me a help on this case?

I finished my business certificate program in the end of the year, and came back to my country.
Meanwhile I applied for the PGWP on Feb 3rd, when all my documents were valid.
On Apr 18th, I received a refusal letter because:

[X] Immigration Legislation requires that every foreign national in Canada must hold a valid passport, identity or travel document. As a foreign national in Canada, you have not produced evidence that you are in possession of such a document and that it is valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expires on 2016/04/18.

How should I proceed now, once I am not in Canada anymore? Should I request a visitor visa and re-apply for the PSWG with my new passport and visa?

Thanks a lot!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
tyh said:
Hello,

I finished my business certificate program in the end of the year, and came back to my country.

[X] Immigration Legislation requires that every foreign national in Canada must hold a valid passport, identity or travel document. As a foreign national in Canada, you have not produced evidence that you are in possession of such a document and that it is valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expires on 2016/04/18.

How should I proceed now, once I am not in Canada anymore? Should I request a visitor visa and re-apply for the PSWG with my new passport and visa?

Thanks a lot!
If it has been more than 90 days since your graduation from Canada, you won't be able to get PGWP. The best route for you as of now is to re-enroll in a program, perhaps 1 year long i.e. 8 months and then re-apply for PGWP. Also, you need to give all this info if you are going to ask this question. Tell us when you graduated (exact date). What is the status on your passport, visa and what program did you complete and from which university or college. How long was the program, this all info will help others help your better.

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Tyh,
According to my knowledge it look like you forget to attached your passport copy with your application or somehow it didn't showed up on system while visa officer was looking your application if you applied online.

One of my friend had a issue that visa officer reject her PGWP application on based that "she failed to provide or produced evidence that you are in possession of such a document and that it is valid for the duration of your stay in Canada." but actually she uploaded her passport page copy while applying online. so she called cic call center & explained that from her side she uploaded passport page and it also still shows in "Mycic" uploaded documents. passport page was not showing in system because of technical issue. so call center representative advised her to apply for restoration of her status and he write a note on cic system about that technical issue.

In her case, she didn't leave Canada so representative advised her for restoration but in your case you left Canada while your application was in process. i recommend you to call cic call center or authorized immigration consultant to determine your options. hope it help to take right decision.

tyh

May 11, 2016
That's all the information for my case below, and it's very similar to what happened with your friend Mek85.

I finished my business certificate program at Capilano University in Dexember of 2015, and came back to my Brazil.
Meanwhile I applied for the PGWP on Feb 3rd, when all my documents were valid (Passport: 10/Mar/2016 and Student Visa: 05/Mar/2016.)
After submitting my application on Apr 7th I received a letter asking for a new passport, on the next days I submitted. I realized I uploaded it, but for some technical issues it was not submitted. I even reported a technical issue on the website about the problem.

Thanks for your help!

runn416

Jul 20, 2014
economicalindian said:
thanks for the reply...how much for the other accommodation expenses
Leave the guy alone. he needs actual help from a person who knows the sitch

:-X

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
This people like economicalindian or whatever the name is just insane! That guy who got refused is really in big trouble and you are asking these stupid questions? Don't you guys have any morality at all? Figure out the cost and expenses by yourself. Don't you have google? Pissed me off completely.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
tyh said:
Hello,

Seems like you forgot to attach or they did not get your passport.
Apply again and you should be able to get the PGWP

Thanks a lot!

tyh

May 11, 2016
Thanks a lot for your support guys.

I would apply again, but in this situation it's past the 90 days since I got my certificate. On the 1st time I applied it was on time, but now after the refusal it's not anymore, and that's why I don't know kow to appeal.

I already sent them an email reporting the case, no answer yet tho.

Thanks!

Reactions: pharma92