+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refusal

zcmol

Jan 10, 2024
Hey guys, Hope you are doing well,

Basically what happened was I received my completion letter and transcripts on Dec 5th 2022, But my completion letter says that it was issued in August because thats when i got done with college, but I did not have them in hand until Dec 5th as I had payments due, this was due to financial issues at my parents business due to covid, but I was able to clear the fee by Dec 5th and get the documents. I then applied on Jan 6th for my PGWP , which I believe did not have a clear explanation on this situation so it was refused on May 30th. I then re-applied on June 3rd with an explanation letter with a consultant explaining all the situations, which was the 180th day from Dec 5th the day i got my documents. But I again received a refusal, stating that I had crossed 180 days and I called IRCC to confirm the officer notes on refusal and they mentioned that I did not provide a proof from the DLI of receiving my documents late, I then asked my college for help to provide a proof and they wrote me a letter and I submitted it on the refused application through webform, but my application is still refused. Please help me out and let me know what I can do in this situation. I currently have a visitor record and I am very short on time. Should I make a new application ?

Any replies and suggestions will be appreciated.

StarO

Nov 6, 2023
Hey guys, Hope you are doing well,

Basically what happened was I received my completion letter and transcripts on Dec 5th 2022, But my completion letter says that it was issued in August because thats when i got done with college, but I did not have them in hand until Dec 5th as I had payments due, this was due to financial issues at my parents business due to covid, but I was able to clear the fee by Dec 5th and get the documents. I then applied on Jan 6th for my PGWP , which I believe did not have a clear explanation on this situation so it was refused on May 30th. I then re-applied on June 3rd with an explanation letter with a consultant explaining all the situations, which was the 180th day from Dec 5th the day i got my documents. But I again received a refusal, stating that I had crossed 180 days and I called IRCC to confirm the officer notes on refusal and they mentioned that I did not provide a proof from the DLI of receiving my documents late, I then asked my college for help to provide a proof and they wrote me a letter and I submitted it on the refused application through webform, but my application is still refused. Please help me out and let me know what I can do in this situation. I currently have a visitor record and I am very short on time. Should I make a new application ?

Any replies and suggestions will be appreciated.
Just go to a boarder, not sure where you are applying from, if in Vancouver go to Peace arch and flagpole and you'll get same day PGWP....I got mine same day...good luck. Also it helps you explain yourself better and physically, the officer usually would call your institution at the spot (I think) to verify further details.