+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refusal

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hi,

Just on reading this it seems very confusing. Did you provide a letter of explanation explaining all of this in detail? They probably denied you as they didn't understand your situation clearly enough and as they had a doubt in the validity of your application, they refused you.
I just changed the DLI number as soon as I got admission to the new university on Feb 27th 2020. I was still registered as a full time student at my first university at that moment. I was just not doing classes. I did not give any explanation letter while applying for PGWP.

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello, My PGWP got refused saying I was not full time, but I have been a full time student the whole time. Additionally, my refusal says "Your status in Canada is valid until September 30, 2022." (This was the end date of Study Permit), but it has been more than 90 days since I have applied for the PGWP, I have three questions.
  1. Does that mean I am out of status or my status is valid till 30th Sept?
  2. If I apply again before Sept 30 2022 , will I go back to maintained status considering they just mentioned my status in Canada is valid till sept 30th (OR) Because it has been 90 days since I applied for PGWP and now got refused, I need to restore my status first and then apply PGWP again?
  3. I am also working full time, and have stopped working now. But can I start working once I apply for PGWP again before Sept 30? (OR) do I need to wait for the PGWP reapplication results?
Kindly help. Thanks!