+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refusal

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi ,
Today my frnd got refusal for pgwp because of two part time semsters .
She provided explanation letter and email screen shot from college records that she was not able to pick mandatory subject ( program)in full semster becoz that subject reached maximum spots and the she have to pick that one alone in next sem and further that program has second part as well (Using BIS another program), so to meet graduation requirements she had to pick that one also alone in last sem . She explained everything with college email record but still they refused . What she can do further? Reapply or LMIA or further study program ?.status expiring on 31 july 2021.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Hi ,
Today my frnd got refusal for pgwp because of two part time semsters .
She provided explanation letter and email screen shot from college records that she was not able to pick mandatory subject ( program)in full semster becoz that subject reached maximum spots and the she have to pick that one alone in next sem and further that program has second part as well (Using BIS another program), so to meet graduation requirements she had to pick that one also alone in last sem . She explained everything with college email record but still they refused . What she can do further? Reapply or LMIA or further study program ?.status expiring on 31 july 2021.
When did she apply for the PGWP?

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
When did she apply for the PGWP?
She applied on 12 may 2021 . Do we need to reapply ? Because consultant saying there is nothing new that we can tell to officer with second application and if they refused second time they will send you departure letter as well . Pls advice what we can do now .we are planning to apply new offer letter for september intake and after that applying for visitor status .?but we are not sure can we apply for two applications at a time .

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
She applied on 12 may 2021 . Do we need to reapply ? Because consultant saying there is nothing new that we can tell to officer with second application and if they refused second time they will send you departure letter as well . Pls advice what we can do now .we are planning to apply new offer letter for september intake and after that applying for visitor status .?but we are not sure can we apply for two applications at a time .
I'm not sure, with the part time semesters that is quite hard to overcome

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hi , my PGWP was refused stating I was not a full time student during my program. I will explain my situation, please bear with me

I came to Canada on September 2019 ,I dropped that semester on medical ground and it was approved by the university. I did not work on that semester. I started the next semester on Jan 3rd 2020 as a full time student and started working part time as well. After doing couple of classes I realized I did not want to continue on that university and started looking for other options and I stopped doing classes but I was working part time. On Feb 11th I got an attendance warning Email from the university as I was not doing classes. I got admission into another university On Feb 27th 2020 but the class started on April 6th 2020. I was working till the last week on March part time. I was enrolled throughout the whole semester as a full time student but did not do any classes.I applied for work permit in December 11th 2022 after completing the program for the second university and got the PGWP rejection letter on April 19th . What do you guys think has happened. What are my options now ?

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Hi , my PGWP was refused stating I was not a full time student during my program. I will explain my situation, please bear with me

I came to Canada on September 2019 ,I dropped that semester on medical ground and it was approved by the university. I did not work on that semester. I started the next semester on Jan 3rd 2020 as a full time student and started working part time as well. After doing couple of classes I realized I did not want to continue on that university and started looking for other options and I stopped doing classes but I was working part time. On Feb 11th I got an attendance warning Email from the university as I was not doing classes. I got admission into another university On Feb 27th 2020 but the class started on April 6th 2020. I was working till the last week on March part time. I was enrolled throughout the whole semester as a full time student but did not do any classes.I applied for work permit in December 11th 2022 after completing the program for the second university and got the PGWP rejection letter on April 19th . What do you guys think has happened. What are my options now ?
Hi,

Just on reading this it seems very confusing. Did you provide a letter of explanation explaining all of this in detail? They probably denied you as they didn't understand your situation clearly enough and as they had a doubt in the validity of your application, they refused you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you get a new study permit or update your study permit of the first school? You have changed DLI without completing a semister of your original DLI.

MSH29

May 11, 2022
I just changed the DLI number as soon as I got admission to the new university on Feb 27th 2020. I was still registered as a full time student at my first university at that moment. I was just not doing classes.