+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refusal Reconsideration

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hi,
my PGWP was refused on April 19th 2022 stating that i was not a full time student. However I was a full time student and applied for reconsideration on June 1st submitting additional proofs. They have open my file again today ( July 5th 2022 ) and the status changed from refusal to pending. I was refunded 100$ when I got the refusal letter on April . They have asked for that 100$ to process my file again. I have two questions:

1. is it a positive sign ?
2. How long does it take to get the reconsideration result ?

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hi there,

It's is a sign that they are looking at your application again, if they were not reconsidering it they would've told you your application wasn't going to be reconsidered and the decision will not change.

As for how long reconsideration takes, there is not a specific timeline since that is not an official process - It could be weeks, it could be months.

If I was you I'd re-apply addressing refusal reasons and if the reconsideration is approved I'd withdraw the new application.

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hi there,

It's is a sign that they are looking at your application again, if they were not reconsidering it they would've told you your application wasn't going to be reconsidered and the decision will not change.

As for how long reconsideration takes, there is not a specific timeline since that is not an official process - It could be weeks, it could be months.

If I was you I'd re-apply addressing refusal reasons and if the reconsideration is approved I'd withdraw the new application.
Thank you. I will reapply before the 90 days period runs out which I was given to restore my status

Reactions: nickgrizzly

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hi there,

Hi, I got the approval today. But the officer issued 8 months of work permit. Whereas I was supposed to get at least 20 months of PGWP if not three. My length of the program was 20 months. At this point I am super pissed at the officer.

Should I apply for reconsideration again?
Is there any other options other than reconsideration that I can try ??

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hi, I got the approval today. But the officer issued 8 months of work permit. Whereas I was supposed to get at least 20 months of PGWP if not three. My length of the program was 20 months. At this point I am super pissed at the officer.

Hey, congrats on the approval! - Was the work permit issued up until the expiration date of your passport? I mean, does your work permit, and passport expire at the same time?

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hey, congrats on the approval! - Was the work permit issued up until the expiration date of your passport? I mean, does your work permit, and passport expire at the same time?
Hey thanks. No my passport expires on 2026 . My lawyer has reapplied for reconsideration to extend the duration. I was just wondering if there was any other option to get it done faster.

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hey thanks. No my passport expires on 2026 . My lawyer has reapplied for reconsideration to extend the duration. I was just wondering if there was any other option to get it done faster.
Nope, unfortunately there's no other option to get it faster. Good luck!

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Hi everyone, my reconsideration request to extend my PGWP was forwarded to the responsible officer on August 21st , 2022 . I got an email confirmation from IRCC regarding this. As of today , no update from the officer. I have tried calling IRCC couple of times but couldn’t reach. Can anyone suggest what can be done if the officer doesn’t change his decision? . Is there any other legal actions that can be taken ? It is so ridiculous that an officer gives a wrong decision and stick to the wrong decision even when enough evidences are given to prove his decision was wrong .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, my reconsideration request to extend my PGWP was forwarded to the responsible officer on August 21st , 2022 . I got an email confirmation from IRCC regarding this. As of today , no update from the officer. I have tried calling IRCC couple of times but couldn’t reach. Can anyone suggest what can be done if the officer doesn’t change his decision? . Is there any other legal actions that can be taken ? It is so ridiculous that an officer gives a wrong decision and stick to the wrong decision even when enough evidences are given to prove his decision was wrong .
Talk you your lawyer and see what options there are such as judicial review if you don’t receive a longer PGWP. How long was your program?

MSH29

May 11, 2022
Talk you your lawyer and see what options there are such as judicial review if you don’t receive a longer PGWP. How long was your program?
My program was 20 months of continuous study. I was issued only 8 months of PGWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My program was 20 months of continuous study. I was issued only 8 months of PGWP.
So you took an almost 2 year, full-time program program with no breaks and no failures, no leave? Is this you? If so did you notify IRCC and get approval for the change in DLI? If you got warning on Feb 11, 2020 for not attending classes did the university notify IRCC?

I came to Canada on September 2019 ,I dropped that semester on medical ground and it was approved by the university. I did not work on that semester. I started the next semester on Jan 3rd 2020 as a full time student and started working part time as well. After doing couple of classes I realized I did not want to continue on that university and started looking for other options and I stopped doing classes but I was working part time. On Feb 11th I got an attendance warning Email from the university as I was not doing classes. I got admission into another university On Feb 27th 2020 but the class started on April 6th 2020. I was working till the last week on March part time. I was enrolled throughout the whole semester as a full time student but did not do any classes.I applied for work permit in December 11th 2022 after completing the program for the second university and got the PGWP rejection letter on April 19th . What do you guys think has happened. What are my options now ?

MSH29

May 11, 2022
So you took an almost 2 year, full-time program program with no breaks and no failures, no leave? Is this you? If so did you notify IRCC and get approval for the change in DLI? If you got warning on Feb 11, 2020 for not attending classes did the university notify IRCC?

I came to Canada on September 2019 ,I dropped that semester on medical ground and it was approved by the university. I did not work on that semester. I started the next semester on Jan 3rd 2020 as a full time student and started working part time as well. After doing couple of classes I realized I did not want to continue on that university and started looking for other options and I stopped doing classes but I was working part time. On Feb 11th I got an attendance warning Email from the university as I was not doing classes. I got admission into another university On Feb 27th 2020 but the class started on April 6th 2020. I was working till the last week on March part time. I was enrolled throughout the whole semester as a full time student but did not do any classes.I applied for work permit in December 11th 2022 after completing the program for the second university and got the PGWP rejection letter on April 19th . What do you guys think has happened. What are my options now ?
Hi ,
I have changed DLI on Gckey and IRCC knows about it. I was given PGWP based on the program I completed which was 20 months of continuous study.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,
I have changed DLI on Gckey and IRCC knows about it. I was given PGWP based on the program I completed which was 20 months of continuous study.
Your story still makes no sense. In your story above, for the second program, you say “I was enrolled throughout the whole semester as a full time student but did not do any classes.” How is this full time study. You enrolled but didn’t attend. So what does your transcript say for grades.

There are no timelines for reconsideration. It can take many months or be reviewed quickly..

Geezg

Nov 16, 2022

Hi i am asking when reconsideration assigned to the supervisor its a postive sing (pgwp refuse)