+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refusal after not submitting completion letter.

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
I have completed full-time MBA from York University. My PGWP was refused with the following statement in the refusal letter- "As you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies, you are not eligible for a work permit in this category." I had submitted an unofficial transcript and temporary document of graduation status assuming that when they would ask for additional documents, I will try to arrange solid proof. Without asking for additional documents my application was refused.
Now I have study permit till January 2019, my unofficial grades were available in the end of August 2018 and convocation occurred in October 2018. The completion letter which the university provides as a proof for PGWP has the convocation date in it and the transcripts only have current date on them.
Would love to know from the experts in the forum about how the 90 days rule will affect my application when I reapply. Will CIC look deeper into my date of completion of the course since they have refused me once?

Thanks in advance.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
An unofficial transcript or graduation document will not do. You need to get official documents. I got my official graduation letter (needs to be officially letter-headed and signed) about 3 weeks after my last exam. This was because I really harassed them to get it. I talked to the course facilitator in the students office and they were very good about giving me official stuff earlier than other students.

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
An unofficial transcript or graduation document will not do. You need to get official documents. I got my official graduation letter (needs to be officially letter-headed and signed) about 3 weeks after my last exam. This was because I really harassed them to get it. I talked to the course facilitator in the students office and they were very good about giving me official stuff earlier than other students.
The official letter that my other friends from Schulich have used and obtained a work permit contains only two dates. One is the issue date of the letter and other is the convocation date. I have an appointment with the adviser at school today and if the letter that they provide only contains the convocation date then I will be good(if IRCC doesn't dig deeper). Otherwise, I will have to see that final formal completion is not beyond 29th August considering I reapply PGWP today.

One more question for you generous and kind people. I am working for an organization since 1st Nov. Since my application was refused yesterday and if I reapply tonight, should I inform IRCC that I worked illegally for one day?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Do not risk the CIC not digging deep. Get official stuff only, doesnt matter what your friends have done. Every application is different. As for working, you are technically out of status now so any work you do will be illegal. Has your study permit expired?

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Do not risk the CIC not digging deep. Get official stuff only, doesnt matter what your friends have done. Every application is different. As for working, you are technically out of status now so any work you do will be illegal. Has your study permit expired?
Study permit expires on 31st Jan, 2019.

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Got the letter today which only has the convocation date as the program completion date. However the grades were assigned much earlier but that is not mentioned in the letter. Will be reapplying tonight.

Shpu

Nov 26, 2018
I am also in the same boat but i exceeded my 7 days over 90 days rule as i finished my pg course in business from humber and last day of my grades uploaded is 15 august same day i applied for official transcript and i got it on 26 August and then i applied for pgwp on 26 September with official transcript which i got now yesterday i got refusal for the same reason like you that i didn't provided the sufficient documents but i thought they would ask me and i will upload it because i got my graduation letter in October but the date written on it is 20 August and according to which 90 days are over in my case but i dont know what to do now and when i asked my college that if i got my grad letter in October then why it has date for 20 August thats strange because of that I am in so big problem i lost my status as 90 days are over and they are saying you should have uploaded it after when you got it but why cic didn't messaged me for my additional documents and why they say then if we will need any documents we gonna message you
Thats not right at all on cic account i think moreover if my transcript which i got by mail from college now advisor is saying this is not official and i applied it with my friends ssme day at ssme place they also applied with it but they got pgwp
Is there anyone who can advice me with this
Thank you...

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It would really help if you don't type in one long sentence. You should have uploaded your official graduating letter as well stating the dates and course names. Sometimes they will let that slide, but often they do not. i don't understand how your transcript cannot be official. Did you not get this from the college? Anyway, you are now out of status and unfortunately will have to leave Canada.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You needed to request both the Confirmation of Graduation letter and transcripts from myHumber then applied with both, dont think there is too much you can do now, except maybe go home and apply for new study permit then study another course and apply for PGWP.
Also your advisor is an idiot if he is saying transcript requested from myHumber and deliver to you by mail is not official.

Humber instructions can be found here: https://international.humber.ca/assets/files/pdf/pgwp-%20permit-august-25-final.pdf