+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refund After Flagpoling

Aug 2, 2020
Hi all,

I flagpoled for PGWP so I applied for a refund for online application fees - $255.

Today I got a reply saying only $100 will be refunded, and it's because "As IRCC must charge a non-refundable fee as a way to recover the costs involved in processing applications, no refund of the processing fees were issued." I seriously doubt IRCC even touched my application.

How much refund did you guys get? And please let me know if there's a good way to make IRCC spit out the money they haven't earned. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I flagpoled for PGWP so I applied for a refund for online application fees - $255.

Today I got a reply saying only $100 will be refunded, and it's because "As IRCC must charge a non-refundable fee as a way to recover the costs involved in processing applications, no refund of the processing fees were issued." I seriously doubt IRCC even touched my application.

How much refund did you guys get? And please let me know if there's a good way to make IRCC spit out the money they haven't earned. Thanks.
How did you apply for a refund, can you please let me know.?
Send In a webform asking to withdraw the application because you flagpoled and would ask how/when can you expect a refund.