+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Received, For Four Months only

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
I applied for my PGWP on July 06, 2023. Received following communication today (on the fourth day of submission)

"...This confirms that your application has been received by IRCC on July 6, 2023.
Please attach this letter to your present study permit Number.....as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until November 06, 2023 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first."

Does this mean that the PGWP is only for 4 months? I have completed my study program of 1 year and was expecting to get work permit for 1 year. Someone please reply I am worried.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
That's your WP-EXT letter. That allows you to work while your PGWP is being processed. Even if you don't get your PGWP approved by November 6, you can still keep working until they approve/deny your PGWP.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
That's your WP-EXT letter. That allows you to work while your PGWP is being processed. Even if you don't get your PGWP approved by November 6, you can still keep working until they approve/deny your PGWP.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. You have cleared my doubt.

Reactions: andrews17

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
The employers where I have done Co-op has given a six months contract for full time job, which will be extended to further six month. IRCC may give work permit in one or two moth. I will apply for PR as soon as I complete one year Canadian work experience. Lets hope all goes well

Reactions: andrews17