+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP re-entry medical

Triciagb

Feb 20, 2018
Hi! I’m about to enter YYZ next week. I’m on my PGWP. I will get my permit once I enter. I have all the documents I need to enter such as job offer etc. I was just wondering why does it says that I need to have a valid medical now? Did anyone experience this as well? I don’t have medical result with me since we don’t need it when applying for PGWP. Thanks!

Triciagb

Feb 20, 2018
Are you working in health, education or childcare fields?
Hi! Not working in those fields that’s why i’m confused why do they have to put on website. I understand that temporary workers have valid medical exam with them since they need it to file for visa application. PGWP doesn’t need it though. Mine expired when I was still a student.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi! Not working in those fields that’s why i’m confused why do they have to put on website. I understand that temporary workers have valid medical exam with them since they need it to file for visa application. PGWP doesn’t need it though. Mine expired when I was still a student.
Sorry, what website? Your PGWP would state if you need it.

Reactions: Triciagb

Triciagb

Feb 20, 2018
So click on “do you need an exam.” Since I don’t know what country you are from, does it say you need one.
Hi, thank you! I answered yes and it says there I need it. Never had my exam for PGWP though that's why i'm very confused. i just thought I need a valid job offer, the letter, and the visa to enter. I just saw everything today. I usually refresh the website. I'm just worried because my flight is next week and I'm booked. Unfortunately no hospitals can conduct a medical now because of the pandemic.

But with the question, it says
If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:

• want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or travelled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada

- from what I understand, I am no longer "applying" because I have my visa with me and my application was approved last year. Just new information I got today from the website. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, thank you! I answered yes and it says there I need it. Never had my exam for PGWP though that's why i'm very confused. i just thought I need a valid job offer, the letter, and the visa to enter. I just saw everything today. I usually refresh the website. I'm just worried because my flight is next week and I'm booked. Unfortunately no hospitals can conduct a medical now because of the pandemic.

But with the question, it says
If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:

• want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or travelled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada

- from what I understand, I am no longer "applying" because I have my visa with me and my application was approved last year. Just new information I got today from the website. Thank you!
What country are you from?