+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP proof of application letter will expire soon with no decision yet

sasa9620

Oct 16, 2022
Hey,

I applied for my PGWP in early July and with the current backlogs I am not expecting IRCC will process it any time soon. When I applied, I received that generic proof of application letter that states that I can stay in Canada until November (in my case) or until a decision is made, whichever comes first. I know that I can legally stay until a decision is made even after November, however airlines and other places where I needed to show a work permit have not accepted this letter in the past and I am assuming this will get even more tricky once that letter expires. I would like to fly home over Christmas but by then my old study permit and this letter that I applied for PGWP will be expired. Is there any way I can get a new letter with an extended date? I can never reach IRCC on the phone nor do I ever get an email back.

Thank you in advance!

Akshowjini

Oct 14, 2022
Hey
Hey,

I applied for my PGWP in early July and with the current backlogs I am not expecting IRCC will process it any time soon. When I applied, I received that generic proof of application letter that states that I can stay in Canada until November (in my case) or until a decision is made, whichever comes first. I know that I can legally stay until a decision is made even after November, however airlines and other places where I needed to show a work permit have not accepted this letter in the past and I am assuming this will get even more tricky once that letter expires. I would like to fly home over Christmas but by then my old study permit and this letter that I applied for PGWP will be expired. Is there any way I can get a new letter with an extended date? I can never reach IRCC on the phone nor do I ever get an email back.

Thank you in advance!
hey
You can work until a decision is made

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html