+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit) from outside Canada & Travel restrictions

Kollina

Dec 15, 2017
Hello good people,

Since February 2021, I have applied for a PGWP from outside Canada. Now according to the average processing time, I should be receiving a decision within the next 4-6 weeks. Assuming I received a positive decision on my PGWP by early July 2021, am I eligible to enter Canada in light of the current travel restrictions?

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have a job offer, you can enter. If not then you have to prove you normally live in Canada. So you need to show rental agreement that you have been paying since out of the country, utilities, loans etc. However some people who own a home here are being turned away. So you need a job offer.

Hasan11

Nov 8, 2017
If you have a job offer, you can enter. If not then you have to prove you normally live in Canada. So you need to show rental agreement that you have been paying since out of the country, utilities, loans etc. However some people who own a home here are being turned away. So you need a job offer.
I spoke with an agent today she said even if I have a valid job offer I could be denied entry because I left canada for more than one year. This doesn't make sense! I have a valid letter of introduction since october 2019 and a valid job offer. What do you think?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I spoke with an agent today she said even if I have a valid job offer I could be denied entry because I left canada for more than one year. This doesn't make sense! I have a valid letter of introduction since october 2019 and a valid job offer. What do you think?
Is your job in a NOC A, B or 0 position? Does your job offer state that following quarantine that you can start your job? You may or many not be let it. Still at the discretion of CBSA.

Hasan11

Nov 8, 2017
Is your job in a NOC A, B or 0 position? Does your job offer state that following quarantine that you can start your job? You may or many not be let it. Still at the discretion of CBSA.
She didn't ask me these questions. I have an open work permit and the job offer doesn't state anything. I left canada over one year ago and I am planning to get back. Do you think I should wait until things settle down or I should go and take my chance?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She didn't ask me these questions. I have an open work permit and the job offer doesn't state anything. I left canada over one year ago and I am planning to get back. Do you think I should wait until things settle down or I should go and take my chance?
Who are you talking about? Does your job offer state your duties and that you will have a job after completing quarantine? If so you can take your chance, you will need to book your 3 day hotel quarantine and have plans for the 11 days at home.

Hasan11

Nov 8, 2017
Who are you talking about? Does your job offer state your duties and that you will have a job after completing quarantine? If so you can take your chance, you will need to book your 3 day hotel quarantine and have plans for the 11 days at home.
I am talking about the IRCC agent! I wanted to say it doesn't state anything about quarantine but I can ask the employer to add it. Thank you for your advice.

Kollina

Dec 15, 2017
I'm hoping that after the vaccination program that is ongoing they lessen the travel restrictions. It's not easy to obtain a job offer from outside the country. Also, what is the point of issuing a PGWP for a non-job offer holders that are willing to travel to Canada?

Hasan11

Nov 8, 2017
It's a mess! I left canada waiting for PR and now after 25 months I am considering returning to canada before having PR just because my application is stuck as they are giving priority to inland applicants! Lets hope this ends soon.

gamer_9999999

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hello good people,

Since February 2021, I have applied for a PGWP from outside Canada. Now according to the average processing time, I should be receiving a decision within the next 4-6 weeks. Assuming I received a positive decision on my PGWP by early July 2021, am I eligible to enter Canada in light of the current travel restrictions?

Thanks in advance.
Any update on file? I applied the same day as yours from India, can I have your whatsapp number? we can connect?

Pecker2012

Jan 10, 2021
Hi guys!
I have a similar question. I’ve applied for PGWP before study permit expired and it expires on July 30th (valid visa to travel until then). Pgwp is in process but I received a job offer which is in person and starts later in July.

I’m fully vaccinated and have planned travel on July 11th. Will I face any issues?

planning to take a separate apartment as well for 12 months.

Any useful responses will be super helpful :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys!
I have a similar question. I’ve applied for PGWP before study permit expired and it expires on July 30th (valid visa to travel until then). Pgwp is in process but I received a job offer which is in person and starts later in July.

I’m fully vaccinated and have planned travel on July 11th. Will I face any issues?

planning to take a separate apartment as well for 12 months.

Any useful responses will be super helpful :)
Your study permit expires 90 days after graduation. You can try but check to see if you even have a valid permit. You can’t work until you have your PGWP. See note about expiry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/when-to-apply.html

Pecker2012

Jan 10, 2021
Hey, so my permit validity is till July 30th and it says I can work until I receive a decision if I had applied before my permit expired.