+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP (post graduate work permit)rejected and applied restoration succeed! Sharing timeline

xxxxiao

Nov 24, 2015
This is to everyone who PGWP just got rejected and forced to stay in Canada doing nothing but wait. You need to be stay positive, patient or go travelling if it is good for you to stay positive. Long story short, there is the timeline.

May 27th, applied the PGWP
Nov 21, PGWP got rejected since I submit the application form twice under the transcript section(stupid mistake happens don't judge). Past 90 days of graduation. And I had to quit my current job.Sad, Frasturated....
Dec 2, spend $200 to consult with a lawyer and he asked $2000 to apply restoration.And I got the some useful answer from him, he said you have really high chance to get you PGWP as long as you can address properly on your restoration letter. However I chose to spend $500 on a immigration consultant instead. I would recommend you find a immigration consultant to apply the restoration for you since they knew how to write the letter.
Dec 5, it is a tricky part, I also applied a not well known university in order to get a study permit. I saw some people got rejected from the PGWP restoration due to expired study permit(or no valid status in Canada) at the moment of restoration application. So instead of applying together in one package, I chose to apply in two packages. But you need to pay double restoration fee of course.
Feb 8 Superisely, I got study permit approved in 2 months. So I at least got a legal status in Canada.
March 09, I got my PGWP approved!! Thank God!
So base on my experience, I would advice to apply study permit and work permit restoration separately. I know it is stupid but it is the glitch in the CIC policy. You have to have a valid study permit when you applied the PGWP. Last, you need someone knew how to address properly (use right immigration law) when writing the letter.
Good Luck!

xxxxiao

Nov 24, 2015
sood.prabal said:
Hey could you tell me how did you apply for restoration of pgwp? Was it done online or paper application?
I applied through online but I recommended you paper application

badukboy

Dec 29, 2016
xxxxiao said:
This is to everyone who PGWP just got rejected and forced to stay in Canada doing nothing but wait. You need to be stay positive, patient or go travelling if it is good for you to stay positive. Long story short, there is the timeline.

May 27th, applied the PGWP
Nov 21, PGWP got rejected since I submit the application form twice under the transcript section(stupid mistake happens don't judge). Past 90 days of graduation. And I had to quit my current job.Sad, Frasturated....
Dec 2, spend $200 to consult with a lawyer and he asked $2000 to apply restoration.And I got the some useful answer from him, he said you have really high chance to get you PGWP as long as you can address properly on your restoration letter. However I chose to spend $500 on a immigration consultant instead. I would recommend you find a immigration consultant to apply the restoration for you since they knew how to write the letter.
Dec 5, it is a tricky part, I also applied a not well known university in order to get a study permit. I saw some people got rejected from the PGWP restoration due to expired study permit(or no valid status in Canada) at the moment of restoration application. So instead of applying together in one package, I chose to apply in two packages. But you need to pay double restoration fee of course.
Feb 8 Superisely, I got study permit approved in 2 months. So I at least got a legal status in Canada.
March 09, I got my PGWP approved!! Thank God!
So base on my experience, I would advice to apply study permit and work permit restoration separately. I know it is stupid but it is the glitch in the CIC policy. You have to have a valid study permit when you applied the PGWP. Last, you need someone knew how to address properly (use right immigration law) when writing the letter.
Good Luck!
What is the reason for refusal to get PGWP?
Your study permit might be expired while you are waiting. Is it ok to stay while you are applying for study permit?

s980182

Mar 9, 2017
I am in the same situation as you, do you mind sharing your email address so i can ask you some questions? thanks a lot.

hitchcox.1

Nov 15, 2018
Would you be able to share your email with me as well? I'm in a similar situation and greatly need help regarding how to proceed. Thanks a lot!

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
Hi! Finally meet someone with the same situation! I was so stupid I submitted my digital photo twice instead of my letter of completion!