+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Outside/Inside

RutviDalal

Jan 15, 2020
I'm an international student, graduated in April, 2020. While I graduated, I was stuck in India and my PGWP was due to be applied. As the travel restrictions were quite hard in those times, I chose to apply for PGWP from outside Canada. Meanwhile, I got exemption from the travel restrictions and I landed safely to Canada within the time span of my valid study visa which would expire on 31st July, 2020.

Now, as I'm in Canada, I want implied status after my visa expires so how can I apply for PGWP within Canada? Or How can I restore my status in Canada till the time any decision on PGWP application would be taken.

Reactions: Naman23

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can't get implied status as a worker as you applied from outside of Canada. You could maybe withdraw your application and resubmit it but I'd advise against that. To stay in Canada after your study permit expires you can apply for a visitor record to change your status to visitor.

RutviDalal

Jan 15, 2020
I do understand what you are explaining , the thing is it will become quoted hard for me to stay without working if I apply for visitor status, as these are just 20 days since I applied why can't I withdraw ? As you said you advise against that, I am just asking if you can explain the problem in that.

Reactions: Naman23

khitoronto95

Apr 12, 2021
Hello, I am in a similar situation like you. My permit/visa expires july 30 2021 and i want to travel to canada befor that so i can apply for my pgwp from canada. Will i be able to travel to canada anytime before my permit expires?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am in a similar situation like you. My permit/visa expires july 30 2021 and i want to travel to canada befor that so i can apply for my pgwp from canada. Will i be able to travel to canada anytime before my permit expires?
What permit are you travelling to Canada on?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I graduate in june
So if you graduate in 2 months, entering is at the discretion of CBSA. Enter before you graduate. Have all your documents to show your study program and that it is on a DLI list, book 3 day hotel quarantine and have 11 day home quarantine in place.

khitoronto95

Apr 12, 2021
So if you graduate in 2 months, entering is at the discretion of CBSA. Enter before you graduate. Have all your documents to show your study program and that it is on a DLI list, book 3 day hotel quarantine and have 11 day home quarantine in place.
yes thanks. Is it advisable to tell them that PGwP from outside Canada takes more than 6 months whereas in Canada is within 2 months and that’s one reason too why I want to travel? I mean we’re paying so much for Education in canada and the pgwp and eventually Pr is the main thing attracting students. But is using that as a reason forCBSA on arrival advisable?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes thanks. Is it advisable to tell them that PGwP from outside Canada takes more than 6 months whereas in Canada is within 2 months and that’s one reason too why I want to travel? I mean we’re paying so much for Education in canada and the pgwp and eventually Pr is the main thing attracting students. But is using that as a reason forCBSA on arrival advisable?
They know why you need to enter so no need to lie.

rajbir76

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
I'm an international student, graduated in April, 2020. While I graduated, I was stuck in India and my PGWP was due to be applied. As the travel restrictions were quite hard in those times, I chose to apply for PGWP from outside Canada. Meanwhile, I got exemption from the travel restrictions and I landed safely to Canada within the time span of my valid study visa which would expire on 31st July, 2020.

Now, as I'm in Canada, I want implied status after my visa expires so how can I apply for PGWP within Canada? Or How can I restore my status in Canada till the time any decision on PGWP application would be taken.
help me am in same problem what can i do please help me

rajbir76

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
u apply again within canada and withdraw ur old application