+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pgwp outside Canada and country of residence

dongdong

Jun 11, 2018
Hi,

I recently graduated from school and I am currently outside Canada.

I want to apply PWGP online outside Canada, but I am planning to return to Canada with valid study permit later this month so I want to put my mailing address in Canada.

I want to know if I should set country of residence to Canada even though I am not currently in Canada.

If I put my country of residence as Canada, then I will be asked to provide IMM5710, otherwise I would be asked to provide IMM1295.

I have seen people done similar things before but I do not know if this is legit:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applying-for-pgwp-outside-canada.466599/

Do anyone know what I should do if I want to apply PGWP outside Canada now but want to get PGWP inside Canada? ( residence: Canada VS others, IMM5710 VS IMM1295 )

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
Hi dong dong,

Currently, I am in this situation. Would You like to tell me which way you've proceeded? Have you selected Canada as a Current Country of Residence/Territory? or you've selected your home country and put Canadian address as the mailing address?
I am also in this situation and I need to apply PGWP before 15 April. Currently, I am on vacations but I am stuck here at my home country and will travel in next month to Canada. Please advice !