+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[PGWP, LMIA with same employer] Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

syedzeeshan

Jul 1, 2023
Hello,

My background: I'm currently on PGWP. I started working in August 2022, my employer filed for an LMIA so that I could extend my PGWP and convert it to a closed work permit.
I have received positive LMIA and claiming the points.
I am creating my EE profile and need help with a few questions. Please review and let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Questions:

Does x have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
Ans: Yes

Is this job offer for work that is:
  • full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)

Is x currently working in Canada? (required)

Does x have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)

Is x's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
Ans: No

Has x been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)
Ans: No

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)
Ans: No [I have confusion with this question specifically because for the current job I am working under PGWP (but same employer??)]

Additional queries:

Since I have been working with this employer since last year August, will I need to mention that in work history? I think yes.
Will I need a new job offer letter from employer when submitting docs because I claimed 50 points here if I get an ITA?

Also, am I missing any important information here? Any important document I should be ready with?

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks