Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Hi everyone,

I saw this on another thread:

"As your PGWP is valid for 3 years (the maximum), you cannot extend it when it expires"

I studied for two years and my pgwp was issued to end the same date my passport expires. This was for two and a half years only.

With a renewed passport, can extend the pgwp for 6 months? That will make a total for 3 years pgwp

Thanks in advance.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Has anyone got a 3 year pwgp when studying a 2 year program?

I talked to a CIC agent and she said that if I think I am elegible go ahead an apply. I said that as far as I know, if you study a 2 year program you can get up to 3 years pgwp, she said to go ahead an apply.

Any one with a similar case?

Thanks in advance

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
bravosix said:
Has anyone got a 3 year pwgp when studying a 2 year program?

I talked to a CIC agent and she said that if I think I am elegible go ahead an apply. I said that as far as I know, if you study a 2 year program you can get up to 3 years pgwp, she said to go ahead an apply.

Any one with a similar case?

Thanks in advance
yes, u can get up to 3yrs pgwp on a 2 yrs program. I was at the same boat as u. I renewed my passport and reapplied to get the complete work permit and i got it within one month. I applied online. so renew ur passport and reapply but u have to pay another application fee of $150. cheers

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
ujbaby said:
yes, u can get up to 3yrs pgwp on a 2 yrs program. I was at the same boat as u. I renewed my passport and reapplied to get the complete work permit and i got it within one month. I applied online. so renew ur passport and reapply but u have to pay another application fee of $150. cheers
Thats great to know thanks!

Was it 3 years from the day you finished school? Or 3 years from the day your pgwp was issued?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
bravosix said:
Thats great to know thanks!

Was it 3 years from the day you finished school? Or 3 years from the day your pgwp was issued?
I am not 100% sure of that one but I think it is 3yrs from the date u finished school. i graduated in june 2010 but my pgwp was issued till august 2013

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Sent my aplication today.

It says processing time 12 days on the cic website but I couldnt find where it says if those are business days or regular days.

Hardeek

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
ujbaby said:
I am not 100% sure of that one but I think it is 3yrs from the date u finished school. i graduated in june 2010 but my pgwp was issued till august 2013
hi can i ask a question. do the student visa/temporary resident permit have a grace period. i mean if you finished your course in june. but you have to wait for your PGWP

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hardeek said:
hi can i ask a question. do the student visa/temporary resident permit have a grace period. i mean if you finished your course in june. but you have to wait for your PGWP
If you have applied for your PGWP, you are under implied status and can stay.

Hardeek

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Leon said:
If you have applied for your PGWP, you are under implied status and can stay.
will they give us permit or something like an id to prove that we are under the implied status. Just in case so that we have a proof.
When is the time that you can apply for PGWP? is it the last semester or after the graduation.? Does the schools in canada asses us with that matter?
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hardeek said:
will they give us permit or something like an id to prove that we are under the implied status. Just in case so that we have a proof.
When is the time that you can apply for PGWP? is it the last semester or after the graduation.? Does the schools in canada asses us with that matter?
Thanks
These are the requirements:

To obtain a work permit after your graduation, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
In addition, you must have graduated from:
a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions (currently only qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to the Diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC) or Attestation d’études collégiales (AEC) at private college-level educational institutions in Quebec are eligible), or
Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.
You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit

This is on the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Also, if you have an off-campus work permit, you can continue working on it after you graduate until you get your post-grad permit.

Hardeek

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Leon said:
These are the requirements:

To obtain a work permit after your graduation, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
In addition, you must have graduated from:
a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions (currently only qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to the Diplôme d'études collégiales (DEC) or Attestation d'études collégiales (AEC) at private college-level educational institutions in Quebec are eligible), or
Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.
You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit

This is on the CIC website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Also, if you have an off-campus work permit, you can continue working on it after you graduate until you get your post-grad permit.
can i work full time when i graduate while waiting for the PGWP?

Ion

Oct 27, 2011
What if my post-graduation work permit is scheduled to arrived after my off-campus work permit expires? Can I still work during the time after my off-campus work permit expires under implied status while waiting PGWP?

Thanks in advance