File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there everyone, a tricky and challenging situation here from my side. My PGWP will be expired on 27th Nov,20.
I worked full time 4 months as a Retail Merchandiser[NOC B 6222] and right now I am working as an Instructor [NOC A 4021] from January,20.
The college employer doesn't willing to give LMIA and I don't have any PNP.
Didn't apply for PR due to missing documents [IELTS] but will have an ECA report shortly.
what should I do now? planned to apply PR but the expiry worries driving me insane. Help me out with your knowledge.
How many points do you have under Express Entry?

Do you have at least one year of skilled work experience from outside of Canada or are you relying on having one year of Canadian work experience to qualify?

You should write IELTS as soon as test centres reopen.

In order to be able to apply for a bridging open work permit, you either need to be nominated by a province or receive ITA through Express Entry.

abir92

Aug 27, 2019
How many points do you have under Express Entry?

Do you have at least one year of skilled work experience from outside of Canada or are you relying on having one year of Canadian work experience to qualify?

You should write IELTS as soon as test centres reopen.

In order to be able to apply for a bridging open work permit, you either need to be nominated by a province or receive ITA through Express Entry.
Thanks for replying, I have 2 years experience from outside Canada.
CRS Score:485 [assuming IELTS 7877 + 1 yr Canadian same noc job experience]
is it necessary to have 1-year same noc?
cause as I have studied project management ,I believe merchandising is under project management catagory

abir92

Aug 27, 2019
Thanks for replying, I have 2 years experience from outside Canada.
CRS Score:485 [assuming IELTS 7877 + 1 yr Canadian same noc job experience]
is it necessary to have 1-year same noc?
cause as I have studied project management,I believe merchandising is under project management category
If it doesn't require to be the same NOC type as long as they are the same type under what you study than by October I will have 1560 hours+ Canadian Experience [total 14 months] . So let me know your thoughts about it. please and thank you

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
Hi, I've read about this interim employment authorization, does anybody has any idea on this? Does expiring PGWP qualify on this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I've read about this interim employment authorization, does anybody has any idea on this? Does expiring PGWP qualify on this?
If your PGWP ends and you have to restore your status while also applying for a new work permit, yes - this policy would apply to you. Of course you would need a job offer and approved LMIA.

Beezee

Jul 29, 2020
Hi everyone!

My pgwp expires August 30th, I’ll be completing my one year work experience on the 27th of August (Although I’ve been in a NOC B job since 2019 but under study visa) CRS score is 465, I have all my documents ready for express entry but am a bit scared if I can get an invitation under CEC with my current score.
My employer is unable to train someone for my job and is willing to help me get a closed work permit. Considering the short time left, what are my chances of getting a closed work permit before my pgwp expires?

Also, if I change my status to a visitors record and my employer start the LMIA process, can I apply for a work permit while on visitors record?

please I need advice

Jimi01

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi everyone!

My pgwp expires August 30th, I’ll be completing my one year work experience on the 27th of August (Although I’ve been in a NOC B job since 2019 but under study visa) CRS score is 465, I have all my documents ready for express entry but am a bit scared if I can get an invitation under CEC with my current score.
My employer is unable to train someone for my job and is willing to help me get a closed work permit. Considering the short time left, what are my chances of getting a closed work permit before my pgwp expires?

Also, if I change my status to a visitors record and my employer start the LMIA process, can I apply for a work permit while on visitors record?

please I need advice
You employer should advertise the position asap if not today coz LMIA requires one month of advertise on different platforms. You won't get your permit before end Aug but slight chance you can work under implied status.
Only exception is the lmia global talent stream which gives express process.
Just submit your wp application before your pgwp expiry along with the proof of lmia submission, you can continue working while waiting for both.
If you change to visitor records, of course you boss can start lmia and you can apply for wp. But you have to stop working during waiting time.

Beezee

Jul 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

My PGWP expired today August 30th, I applied for a study permit August 28th, my study is to start in January. I’m I allowed to work full time while on implied status?

Also, on CIC website, it was stated there that students can work full time due to COVID if they are essential workers, is this still applicable after August?

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

My PGWP expired today August 30th, I applied for a study permit August 28th, my study is to start in January. I’m I allowed to work full time while on implied status?

Also, on CIC website, it was stated there that students can work full time due to COVID if they are essential workers, is this still applicable after August?
I dont think so
Mine is expiring in 30 days
Why you applied for study permit ?