+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP IS GOING TO EXPIRE IN 3 WEEKS

mykitats

Feb 5, 2012
Hi all,

Now I know I should have come here long before. Hope there is a solution for me.
My case is as following:
I had applied for the extension of the 3yrs PGWP last month and got rejected last week since I don't have a LMO in my application. I have checked with my manager, and he does not want to apply the LMO. :(
Anyway, moving forward. As I have also applied for PR back on DEC2011, with only less than 3 weeks left, I would like to know what options I can have right now.
With the fact that I would like to stay in Canada, I believe my last choice is to change my status to be a visitor to Canada.
But before that, I wonder if there is anything that I can do within this three weeks, so that I can apply for a work permit and continues to work in Canada? Also, I am interested in starting up my business in Canada too. Is this an option for me?
Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to work, then you need to find an employer who is willing to apply for an LMO. Otherwise your only option is to either switch to a visitor visa or return home.

mykitats

Feb 5, 2012
scylla said:
If you want to work, then you need to find an employer who is willing to apply for an LMO. Otherwise your only option is to either switch to a visitor visa or return home.
Thanks scylla. So, I guess I need to change to be a visitor then.
Do you know, if I find a LMO job afterward (after 90 days), can I still apply it like applying a brand new work permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mykitats said:
Thanks scylla. So, I guess I need to change to be a visitor then.
Do you know, if I find a LMO job afterward (after 90 days), can I still apply it like applying a brand new work permit?
Nope, because you would be a visitor, and visitors can't apply for work permits in Canada. You would have to apply outside Canada.