+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP into PR Timing Issue

alozz

Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone. I am having a problem that I could not find the solution to and do not really know how to proceed from. I am hoping for some advice.

I have been working in Canada little over a year with my PGWP, which is set to expire on February 14. I am hoping to stay and to continue working at my current job.

I submitted my profile for CEC Express Entry on 5th of February an hour after I got my WES confirmation (60 days after I applied). Unfortunately I could not get into the draw on 5th. I have 479 points on my profile, so I would have received ITA.

I have all my documents ready to actually apply for the PR and Bridging Work Permit, but my timeline does not lineup. My PGWP expires on Feb14 and I believe the next draw is on Feb19. Would it be possible to extend/restore my work permit for the next round of draws and get a bridging work permit after that? Or should I be looking for plane tickets & make leaving arrangements?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I am having a problem that I could not find the solution to and do not really know how to proceed from. I am hoping for some advice.

I have been working in Canada little over a year with my PGWP, which is set to expire on February 14. I am hoping to stay and to continue working at my current job.

I submitted my profile for CEC Express Entry on 5th of February an hour after I got my WES confirmation (60 days after I applied). Unfortunately I could not get into the draw on 5th. I have 479 points on my profile, so I would have received ITA.

I have all my documents ready to actually apply for the PR and Bridging Work Permit, but my timeline does not lineup. My PGWP expires on Feb14 and I believe the next draw is on Feb19. Would it be possible to extend/restore my work permit for the next round of draws and get a bridging work permit after that? Or should I be looking for plane tickets & make leaving arrangements?

Thanks
You must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for the BOWP. Unless a draw happens early next week, your only option for extending your work permit and continuing to work would require your employer to obtain an approved LMIA.

If a draw does not happen in time next week, your options are to leave once your work permit expires or to change your status to visitor and stop working.

alozz

Feb 6, 2020
You must be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for the BOWP. Unless a draw happens early next week, your only option for extending your work permit and continuing to work would require your employer to obtain an approved LMIA.

If a draw does not happen in time next week, your options are to leave once your work permit expires or to change your status to visitor and stop working.
Okay I assumed so, thank you. It is a bit frustrating to not be able to apply for bridging work permit because i was 7-8 hours late for the draw and my permit expires before the next one.

I have all my documents ready to apply after ITA, but it is unfortunate.

Thanks again for your help