FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
I Totally get what you mean, In my opinion i think this is still grey area and IRCC needs to provide more clarity. I think yesterdays announcement clarify points from JAN 24 Announcement. While previous announcement indicate Students enrolling effective from Sept 1 are not eligible but one can argue those enrolled before Sep 1 are eligible, that is May intake that usually not popular/regular intake. However Current Announcement clarifies without mentioning any dates, as in general PPP are not eligible.
I agree that the language used in the latest notice can be left to interpretation sometimes. Since this new notice was supposed to be additional information to the original announcement, which they have not modified, it is safe to assume that it remains the same.
Full disclosure, I work at a PPP (not those strip mall types) and other PPPs are also discussing these matters together. Internally, May 2024 intakes have been allowed for PGWP at PPPs because the government already did tell some PPPs, who tried changing their Fall intake to a date in August to technically comply with the changes, that they could not do that.

But I can understand someone wanting to err at the side of caution since there could always be some new surprising update as well.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I agree that the language used in the latest notice can be left to interpretation sometimes. Since this new notice was supposed to be additional information to the original announcement, which they have not modified, it is safe to assume that it remains the same.
Full disclosure, I work at a PPP (not those strip mall types) and other PPPs are also discussing these matters together. Internally, May 2024 intakes have been allowed for PGWP at PPPs because the government already did tell some PPPs, who tried changing their Fall intake to a date in August to technically comply with the changes, that they could not do that.

But I can understand someone wanting to err at the side of caution since there could always be some new surprising update as well.
Exactly, that's what was going on my mind, yesterday announcement is like a trap if no further clarification are provided. Its okey to differ on how we interpret but in my opinion, current announcement supersedes previous one. The tone used by IRCC was a bit harsh, and that is where i am driving my conclusion below. I have highlight below in red below..Key word " Has made Change to restrict.............."

As such, IRCC has made a change to restrict PGWPs for these institutions, anticipating that without the ability to apply for a PGWP, there will be a reduction in the number of international students enrolling in them.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Exactly, that's what was going on my mind, yesterday announcement is like a trap if no further clarification are provided. Its okey to differ on how we interpret but in my opinion, current announcement supersedes previous one. The tone used by IRCC was a bit harsh, and that is where i am driving my conclusion below. I have highlight below in red below..Key word " Has made Change to restrict.............."

As such, IRCC has made a change to restrict PGWPs for these institutions, anticipating that without the ability to apply for a PGWP, there will be a reduction in the number of international students enrolling in them.
Definitely the part you've highlighted, but the one that caused even more confusion was this one which basically appeared to suggest any new students, which could include May:

Who is not eligible for a PGWP after graduating from a public-private partnership college program?
  • New students enrolling in this type of program will not be eligible for a post-graduation work permit.
So while at the higher up level at PPPs they're still not looking at any of this as superceding the previous annoucement, but there is still some ambiguity I agree.

Reactions: Simba112

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Hi I have got offer letter from Canadore@stanford college for AUG 19 2024 And my visa got approved
will i get PGWP
I'd highly advise against taking any chances with it and changing to their non-PPP campus, but you can also check to see if the college will be willing to explictly confirm your PGWP in writing. I'd highly doubt they will. Now back in January, some PPPs did try to change their start dates to 19th August after the announcement to try to technically meet the requirements, but they were all asked to reverse that decision and move it back to the original 3rd September.

I don't know if Canadore was one of them and if their start dates have changed, or it just varies by campus, but their main website appears to have the latest calendar (updated 5th March) shows that the most program start dates will also be from 3rd September, 2024.

Reactions: Naturgrl

angelbam

Oct 8, 2017
They changed the policy recently, those who are enrolled in PPP colleges starting from May 15, 2024 will no longer eligible to apply for post graduate work permit,