+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp holders travelling back to canda

Jan 22, 2020
Hi

I completed my graduation in 2020 and came to india due to covid on march 2020. I applied for pgwp from india and it got approved on march 9th 2021 only.

I am trying to go back to canda. I dint have valid job offer.

Am i eligible to enter canada?

Please help me. My pgwp is valid for 1 year only.

Ragcan

Aug 1, 2017
Bro don’t book your flight without lease agreement. You need a job letter or proof of house with payment slip.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Any updates here ? Was anyone without a job offer letter allowed on another basis ? What was asked ? Thank you,

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Bro don’t book your flight without lease agreement. You need a job letter or proof of house with payment slip.
From my own experience, the 'normally stays in Canada' is not applied fairly. It all depends on the check-in staff. Do you know anyone who was allowed to enter ? I don't want to relive that experience again. This was when I returned from Charlotte.

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
From my own experience, the 'normally stays in Canada' is not applied fairly. It all depends on the check-in staff. Do you know anyone who was allowed to enter ? I don't want to relive that experience again. This was when I returned from Charlotte.
Hi there,
Could you explain your situation a little more? Were you denied entry at departure or after landing in Canada?

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi there,
Could you explain your situation a little more? Were you denied entry at departure or after landing in Canada?
I was the last one to board and the flight was delayed because of two to three people like myself. This was at the gate.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I am waiting to receive my work permit. I have already started looking for a job in Canada. Does anyone know if one can secure a Canadian job from another country without work permit? The job is remote. So it can be done from any corner in the world.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I am waiting to receive my work permit. I have already started looking for a job in Canada. Does anyone know if one can secure a Canadian job from another country without work permit? The job is remote. So it can be done from any corner in the world.
If you have a remote job with a Canadian company, you don’t need a Canadian work permit. You can work where you are bit it doesn’t count as Canadian work experience.

Reactions: shortybhavz

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
If you have a remote job with a Canadian company, you don’t need a Canadian work permit. You can work where you are bit it doesn’t count as Canadian work experience.
That should be fine. The travel restriction for PGWP holders outside Canada is that one needs prove that they live there normally OR have a valid Canadian job offer.

Which means I can start working with a Canadian company in remote capacity and come to Canada once my PGWP gets approved. Right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That should be fine. The travel restriction for PGWP holders outside Canada is that one needs prove that they live there normally OR have a valid Canadian job offer.

Which means I can start working with a Canadian company in remote capacity and come to Canada once my PGWP gets approved. Right?
If your employer provides you with an employment letter that states you have a job following quarantine (NOC A, B or 0), then you should be able to enter.

Reactions: shortybhavz

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Sounds good. Also, my SIN has expired. The employer can still give me the remote job as I am in my home country currently, right?

I would renew my SIN once I get my PGWP and I land in Canada. The first place I will go to is Service Canada.

Ragcan

Aug 1, 2017
Bro you’re right people at checkin counter not implying the rule fairly but that’s a sad reality. I was denied boarding at delhi airport by air india crew due to job letter. Even tho I showed them the proof of my old rental house and my new rental house but they still denied me boarding. Now the best course of action is to look for a job.For job offer letter one can get it from previous work place if you have good understanding with them.i also have in writing from the airline why i was denied boarding just In case i have to file an appeal for a owp extension at ircc.