+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP holder's spouse' OWP refusal

Cunctator

Oct 12, 2015
Hello guys,

If anybody in same or similar situation could please help me with information?

After 2.9 years being in Canada on work permit (me) and study permit (wife) I got refused to renew my OWP when we had applied for PGWP. The reason: You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B.

I am advised to restore my status within 90 days.

Could you advise me please what are the options available for me? Should I apply for visitor and OWP (they mentioned that I can do only when my wife becomes skilled worker) or only restoration as a visitor? How long can I stay in this status taking in account that my wife got OWP for 3 years?
What form (imm5708,5710 etc.) should I fill?

Really appreciate your help,

Ram.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Cunctator said:
Hello guys,

After 2.9 years being in Canada on work permit (me) and study permit (wife) I got refused to renew my OWP when we had applied for PGWP. The reason: You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B.

Could you advise me please what are the options available for me? Should I apply for visitor and OWP (they mentioned that I can do only when my wife becomes skilled worker) or only restoration as a visitor? How long can I stay in this status taking in account that my wife got OWP for 3 years?

Ram.
Please post this in the Workers forum:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Cunctator said:
Hello guys,

Ram.
Within 90 days you have to apply to restoration. Before that, if your wife get NOC (0,A,B) apply OWP. Otherwise visitor. My wife get visitor permit when I applied PGWP and I didn't have job offer.