+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Help!

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi.

I'm currently an international student in the U.S. and I plan to transfer to Canada as I'm graduating this Fall, with 2 Associate Degrees. I plan to get my Bachelor's at the University of Manitoba or the University of Winnipeg, but the question is: Will it be okay if I want to get another degree/diploma, maybe in a different major from my Bachelor's, at Red River College after completing my Bachelor's? Am I still be able to get the PGWP for 3 years?

Thanks so much!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi.

I'm currently an international student in the U.S. and I plan to transfer to Canada as I'm graduating this Fall, with 2 Associate Degrees. I plan to get my Bachelor's at the University of Manitoba or the University of Winnipeg, but the question is: Will it be okay if I want to get another degree/diploma, maybe in a different major from my Bachelor's, at Red River College after completing my Bachelor's? Am I still be able to get the PGWP for 3 years?

Thanks so much!
Totally fine, after you get your study permit, and think of doing your second program, it won't matter if you're thinking of changing your field.
And yes , you will be able to get PGWP for 3 years.

Reactions: vhptanh@97

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Totally fine, after you get your study permit, and think of doing your second program, it won't matter if you're thinking of changing your field.
And yes , you will be able to get PGWP for 3 years.
So is it like the total time I spend for 2 programs can be combined and added towards the length of PGWP?
Do you know if I am able to find any jobs within those 2 fields of study? I just think that getting more degrees in different fields will increase the chance of getting a job after graduating.
My family wants me to have at least a Bachelor's, but I have many friends who are currently studying in Manitoba told me that it's easier to get a job if graduating from Red River College or MITT since there programs are more applicable.

Thanks for your response and your help.