+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP from INDIA

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, I was a full time t.student in Canada since 2015. I graduated in may 2020, due to corona pandemic I had to come back home to India, and had applied for PGWP from here. My study permit was valid till 2021. I have fulfilled all the requirements for my application. my question is whether I have to give biometrics and other test like medical and police clearance, and how is that possible since the vfs centre’s are closed in India. please help.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
It was not a good decision to leave before you applied for PGWP after graduation. Also i believe that you should apply for PGWP within a certain period after your graduation.

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
It was not a good decision to leave before you applied for PGWP after graduation. Also i believe that you should apply for PGWP within a certain period after your graduation.
yeah I know, but I had to cometo Indiafor a ligament surgery so I didn’t have any choice. Also I know the rules, and I have applied within the timeline

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
yeah I know, but I had to cometo Indiafor a ligament surgery so I didn’t have any choice. Also I know the rules, and I have applied within the timeline
If you have already applied for PGWP and have a valid permit and visa, you can go back and give the biometrics later since there is an exemption for biometrics for people already inside.

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
Doesn’t the study permit automatically expire once your university senate approves your degree?
Covid has caused many problems

i think it expire after 90 days once your degree is granted

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Doesn’t the study permit automatically expire once your university senate approves your degree?
Covid has caused many problems

i think it expire after 90 days once your degree is granted
I guess you are right about that, but have read somewhere that if you have already applied for PGWP, the immigration people at the airport will be able to know that and might let you in provided you explain and justify your situation properly. Anyway i suggest you get better advice from some professionals before you do so.

indiagirl

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi, I was a full time t.student in Canada since 2015. I graduated in may 2020, due to corona pandemic I had to come back home to India, and had applied for PGWP from here. My study permit was valid till 2021. I have fulfilled all the requirements for my application. my question is whether I have to give biometrics and other test like medical and police clearance, and how is that possible since the vfs centre’s are closed in India. please help.
HI James - did you receive any updates on your application?

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
HI James - did you receive any updates on your application?
Yes. I had to give my biometrics and medical even though it sad i didn't have to on my Application. Once your biometrics and medical is done you will get your work permit within weeks.

indiagirl

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Yes. I had to give my biometrics and medical even though it sad i didn't have to on my Application. Once your biometrics and medical is done you will get your work permit within weeks.

So this means you're in Canada on your PGWP currently? Could you share your timeline again? From when you applied to when you received your updates to your final passport request? Would be majorly helpful because so many PGWP applicant right now from India have been waiting on decisions for longer than a year....Thanks in advance!

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
So this means you're in Canada on your PGWP currently? Could you share your timeline again? From when you applied to when you received your updates to your final passport request? Would be majorly helpful because so many PGWP applicant right now from India have been waiting on decisions for longer than a year....Thanks in advance!
I applied for PGWP from india in last week of August 2020. Then after waiting for many months, on somebody's suggestion I gave my biometrics at VFS in last week of may and then I got an update on my application for medical so I gave my medical test in 4-5 days and then right after my medical was done I got an update on my Application in 1 week that my work permit is approved and then I sent my Passport to the embassy for stamping and got my passport in few days.

In my case i just had to get my biometrics and medical done, that was the only reason why my application was delayed.

Reactions: indiagirl

indiagirl

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I applied for PGWP from india in last week of August 2020. Then after waiting for many months, on somebody's suggestion I gave my biometrics at VFS in last week of may and then I got an update on my application for medical so I gave my medical test in 4-5 days and then right after my medical was done I got an update on my Application in 1 week that my work permit is approved and then I sent my Passport to the embassy for stamping and got my passport in few days.

In my case i just had to get my biometrics and medical done, that was the only reason why my application was delayed.
Interesting...thanks for sharing. My biometrics were done in 2019 so I should be fine, but I'm waiting on them for a notification to get my medical test done. It seems like your biometrics nudged them to remember your application.

indiagirl

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019

Also...did you get your biometrics done upfront? I thought you needed a letter to be able to book an appointment

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020

Hi,
I applied for PGWP from India and my studies finished at the end of July 2021. Presently I am having student TRV and it's valid until 30th Sep 2021. Is it possible to travel inside Canada since the PGWP is under process?

I completed my Biometrics last year during a study permit extension.

Please let me know anyone travelled like this.