+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP for Bachelors + Masters

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hey everyone,

I would like to confirm something regarding my PGWP eligibility. I have recently finished my Bachelor's degree (4-years) at the Canadian institution in June and this September I have started my Master's degree (2 years) at another Canadian institution. I was extending my study permit in order to continue my studies.

The Master's program is supposed to be 2 years but there is a possibility to finish it in 1.5 years. If I do that, would my bachelor's count so that I am eligible for a three-year post-grad work permit? I know that the 4-years bachelor should qualify you for a three year permit, but is there a possibility that CIC would just ignore it because when I will be applying for PGWP it will be more than 90 days after its completion?

Also, my master's is in a different DLI than my bachelor's, is there any legal action that I need to take now? (like for example obtaining a document stating that you have changed your DLIs). Any recommendations about that would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You need to inform ircc that you are changing dlis this is done in myicc account.

The other thing is not an issue, you are allowed to combine multiple degrees/diplomas/certs and they all count towards pgwp as long as all the rules were followed. Make sure you get the correct docs from both schools this is transcripts & diploma or completion letter and they often need to be ordered not the ones you print yourself online so check with the schools.

Reactions: Immstu

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
You need to inform ircc that you are changing dlis this is done in myicc account.

The other thing is not an issue, you are allowed to combine multiple degrees/diplomas/certs and they all count towards pgwp as long as all the rules were followed. Make sure you get the correct docs from both schools this is transcripts & diploma or completion letter and they often need to be ordered not the ones you print yourself online so check with the schools.
Thank you for your response!! I assume that is done under the Students: Transfer school button?