+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP for 10 months of study

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys , I am an international and planning to apply for PGWP in Dec after 10 months of studies including 8 weeks(2months) of intership/co op.
So , my question is that will i get work permit more than a year or less than a year.
Some people told i might get a 1 and a half year PGWP because my programme is of 10 months in total ,three semesters ( intership is the third sem). Anyone have any idea , please share your experience and any help would be highly appreciated. :)

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the reply Sood, but in most cases i heard that after doing 8 - 10 months of study you might be eligible for 1 year -1.5 year.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
It doesn't matter what you heard, here is the fact:

Impact of length of the studies in Canada and the length of the work permit
A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid longer than the length of your studies in Canada.

If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months
you are not eligible for this program
less than two years but more than eight months
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years

Straight from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the reply Evan but still there are lots of people who has studied for 8 months(one academic year) and got approved for PGWP of 1 year..because its never sure for how long your PGWP will be ....website is just for information .....

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
If your goal in the post was to read about stories and what length of PGWP all those got, it's another story..

Bear in mind though that the official information and guidelines are on the website for a reason, not just for information.. It's the actual rules they follow..

Having said that, you might hear people getting PGWP different that the above info, but it's going to be probably due the human factor of the visa officers and their discretion/mood etc.. (although it shouldn't).

Good luck.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well by reading and having info about others i can assume the length of PGWP there will be at least one who had have same experience and of course the info online is for a reason but never sure about Any thing you might get , and one more thing this forum is for sharing ideas,info ,personal experiences and other matters related immi....thanks for reply and sharing your ideas...

guridhanday

Jul 22, 2021
well by reading and having info about others i can assume the length of PGWP there will be at least one who had have same experience and of course the info online is for a reason but never sure about Any thing you might get , and one more thing this forum is for sharing ideas,info ,personal experiences and other matters related immi....thanks for reply and sharing your ideas...
hey
i am in same situation now want to know how much pgwp did you got??

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Depends on your transcript/graduation letter.
If it is written the length of program: 10 months - you will get 10 months PGWP
If it is written 1 year / 1 academic year - you will get 1 year.

Check your LOA - there also should be some info regarding the length of the program.