Pgwp extension!!

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
We are family of 3
Husband (pgwp holder)
Wife( spowp holder)
Child(visitor visa)

Our visas is getting expired on Feb as my husband was given 15months pgwp instead of 3 yrs due to expiry of passport, now that he has renewed his passport we need to apply extension.

Can anybody guide me about the application?? How do we apply extension of 3?? we are totally confused we need to apply on paper??we need to apply 3 separate application? Can anybody guide us about the procedure??

Please solve my query..

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Have you checked this page? Post-graduation work permit (PGWP) validity and application - Canada.ca the document states that if the applicant’s passport expires before the validity period of the post-graduation work permit, the officer should note this reason in the “Notes” box, in the Global Case Management System. The post-graduation work permit applicant then has to apply for a work permit extension upon the renewal of their passport to receive the full validity of their post-graduation work permit.

Post-graduation work permits can be extended only when the length of the permit could not be provided at the time of the application, due to the expiry date of the applicant’s passport.

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Have you checked this page? Post-graduation work permit (PGWP) validity and application - Canada.ca the document states that if the applicant’s passport expires before the validity period of the post-graduation work permit, the officer should note this reason in the “Notes” box, in the Global Case Management System. The post-graduation work permit applicant then has to apply for a work permit extension upon the renewal of their passport to receive the full validity of their post-graduation work permit.

Post-graduation work permits can be extended only when the length of the permit could not be provided at the time of the application, due to the expiry date of the applicant’s passport.
Yes yes we have read this! We need to know do we have to apply paper based with three separate applications??the procedure it's self is confusion

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
We are family of 3
Husband (pgwp holder)
Wife( spowp holder)
Child(visitor visa)

Our visas is getting expired on Feb as my husband was given 15months pgwp instead of 3 yrs due to expiry of passport, now that he has renewed his passport we need to apply extension.

Can anybody guide me about the application?? How do we apply extension of 3?? we are totally confused we need to apply on paper??we need to apply 3 separate application? Can anybody guide us about the procedure??

Please solve my query..

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-extension-paper-application.674925/page-3

This thread has some info.

Nazinadri

Star Member
May 28, 2019
We are family of 3
Husband (pgwp holder)
Wife( spowp holder)
Child(visitor visa)

Please solve my query..
Hello,
I have the same issue. Can you let me know if it has been noted on your PGWP that you can extend it? Or did you receive any note from IRCC? My PGWP is less than 3 years, and the expiry date matches with my passport expiration. But I didn’t receive any note that I can apply for an extension. Can I still apply for the extension?
can you also let me know if you applied online or on paper?
I’d appreciate your help.

Ronkizle98

Nov 5, 2021
Good day, I need some help please. Last year 2021 IRCC came out with this public policy for PGWP holders to extend their work permits for up to 18 months which I was eligible for but I didn’t get the full 18 months because my international passport was expiring. I only got it for 11months. I submitted my pr though PNP since in 2020 but It is still in process. I applied for a BOWP thinking I was going to get it since I have a PR application in but it got refused due to the fact I have employment restrictions on my PNC. My question is, can I apply to claim the remaining 7 months on the PGWP? Even if it’s an extension from a public policy program? I need to restore my status back as a worker and I have been given 90days from October. I applied for visitors visa but I just realized I didn’t get the full 18months in the last pgwp which just expired on July 10 ,2022