+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Can we please get a final word if Express Entry application can extend their PGWP if they get an AOR or a NOI from a province?.

Some are saying that you can never extend PGWP but there is a similar question on the CIC website where they can you MIGHT be eligible for a bridging work permit?

Has anyone tried to extend their PGWP? Please share your experience.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
PGWP cannot be extended, its once in a lifetime

The only time I've heard people "extend" their PGWP is for their passport expires before their entitled length of PGWP, so CIC issues only up to the expiry date, then allows an extension until the entitled date.

With AOR and R10 compliance, you can apply for BOWP which allows you to continue to work. The problem is they don't notify you have R10 (unlike paper PNP where the AOR email is also R10) so you need to guess or order GCMS

Some legal ways to buy time is to file BOWP application by paper, it takes longer than online for CIC to look at your file (at this point CIC can reject or approve) but you get implied status the moment your package is received.

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you for the information.
So when you get "implied status", is that enough to renew your SIN number? My SIN number has an expiry date that is same as my work permit expiry date?.

Please let us know.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot renew SIN as a worker with implied status. There's no official paper saying that you are under implied status. You can still work even though your SIN is expired as long as you have provided your employer proof that you have applied a new work permit before the old one expires

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you again for your info, this is really helpful.
One more question, let us skip the "implied status" situation.
Form what I read an R10 is approved usually a few weeks after you receive an AOR ( first things to happen, they do not wait till the 6 months mark as I know). If I do apply for an extension then and I get an extension, then can I get my SIN number renewed?
And do you know how long is the bridging workpermit valid till?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
compuwhiz93 said:
Thank you again for your info, this is really helpful.
One more question, let us skip the "implied status" situation.
Form what I read an R10 is approved usually a few weeks after you receive an AOR ( first things to happen, they do not wait till the 6 months mark as I know). If I do apply for an extension then and I get an extension, then can I get my SIN number renewed?
And do you know how long is the bridging workpermit valid till?
After you got your BOWP in paper, you can bring it to Service Canada and renew your SIN. Note they don't issue new SIN card anymore, it's gonna be just a paper