+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension refused. Restoration OR fresh entry ?

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
My PGWP extension got refused because i didn't meet the extension criteria. Had already got one extension in 2021(covid measure). I am in the 90 day restoration period which ends March second week. I need to get some dental work done and plan to fly home for 3 weeks. I do have a TRV valid till 2027. Will there be a problem when coming back ?

I called IRCC and they told me it was going to be a fresh entry. I called CBSA and they asked me if i applied to extend before the expiry and i said yes as i did. I was then told to contact IRCC who said the same thing(fresh entry).

I never felt confident after talking to both. Experts can you'll please weigh in ? It's been 2 months since the refusal came. Anyone else in a similar situation who made a fresh entry after leaving Canada for a short period of time ? My plan is to see how things work out for a few months(cec specific draw) before making major decisions like leaving for good.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

afiyahusnain

Feb 18, 2023
My PGWP extension got refused because i didn't meet the extension criteria. Had already got one extension in 2021(covid measure). I am in the 90 day restoration period which ends March second week. I need to get some dental work done and plan to fly home for 3 weeks. I do have a TRV valid till 2027. Will there be a problem when coming back ?

I called IRCC and they told me it was going to be a fresh entry. I called CBSA and they asked me if i applied to extend before the expiry and i said yes as i did. I was then told to contact IRCC who said the same thing(fresh entry).

I never felt confident after talking to both. Experts can you'll please weigh in ? It's been 2 months since the refusal came. Anyone else in a similar situation who made a fresh entry after leaving Canada for a short period of time ? My plan is to see how things work out for a few months(cec specific draw) before making major decisions like leaving for good.

Thanks all.
Can u share the IRCC contact that u called to?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thanks all.
If you have a TRV then there should be no issue.