+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Online Application

Canguy05

Jan 23, 2016
Hi
Can I apply for PGWP Extension online ?
Is there anyone who has done it before ?
What is the procedure for online application ?

Thanks in advance for help

phyroms

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canguy05 said:
Hi
Can I apply for PGWP Extension online ?
Is there anyone who has done it before ?
What is the procedure for online application ?

Thanks in advance for help
You cannot. PGWP is only a one-time chance you are given to gain Canadian work experience after studying in Canada. Before it expires you should decide whether you are gonna stay here as a PR. Else you should either leave the country or apply for a restricted-Work Permit backed by postiive-LMIA which will allow you to work temporarily only for the specified employer.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

Canguy05

Jan 23, 2016
Thanks for the reply Phyroms

yes you are right, PGWP cant be extended if you get it for the full period that you are entitled to

I forgot to mention that I was entitled to a 3 year PGWP but got it until the expiry of my passport (15 Months)
so I was asking about claiming the remaining 15 months.

phyroms

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canguy05 said:

yes you are right, PGWP cant be extended if you get it for the full period that you are entitled to

I forgot to mention that I was entitled to a 3 year PGWP but got it until the expiry of my passport (15 Months)
I'm sorry I highly doubt you can do that. Did you try calling CIC?

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
Canguy05 said:

yes you can apply, but you have to apply via paper (which is good because its faster that way). you should have a comment on the bottom of your existing pgwp that say that case type 20 to be replaced with case type 56, eligible for extension when passport renewed.

i'm in the same boat and going to apply in couple of days

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
I am in a same boat, but in my notes it says issued to passport validity that's it. I am wondering if I can get the remaining balance or not. any suggestion ??

Vimald2v

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
I completed 1 year certificate course in fleming college onterio and 1 year another certificate course in red river college in winnipeg. I had applied for work permit and i want to know that what will be the length of work permit does i will get work permit of 3 years or else??? Plzzz do help me

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Andy.cic said:
yes you can apply, but you have to apply via paper (which is good because its faster that way). you should have a comment on the bottom of your existing pgwp that say that case type 20 to be replaced with case type 56, eligible for extension when passport renewed.

i'm in the same boat and going to apply in couple of days
My apologizes for hijacking this thread. But I am also in the same boat. I have applied for an extension to my PGWP Online. My PGWP also has the comment ' the bottom of your existing pgwp that say that case type 20 to be replaced with case type 56, eligible for extension when passport renewed.'

My concern is I have applied it on December 20th 2015 and only received the notification that the application has been received. I have not heard anything since.

I check the processing times- It says they are working on applications on March. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
That is insane. What is going on?

Can somebody please shed some light here. Thank you.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
codeguru said:
My apologizes for hijacking this thread. But I am also in the same boat. I have applied for an extension to my PGWP Online. My PGWP also has the comment ' the bottom of your existing pgwp that say that case type 20 to be replaced with case type 56, eligible for extension when passport renewed.'

My concern is I have applied it on December 20th 2015 and only received the notification that the application has been received. I have not heard anything since.

I check the processing times- It says they are working on applications on March. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
That is insane. What is going on?

Can somebody please shed some light here. Thank you.
i see, its a definite error on the website. although it does say 140 day for online. if you applied on dec 20th, you should be receive by early may.

it is crazy i know. Not all employers understand the "implied status"

hope fully ours come before the existing expires.

Andy

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Andy.cic said:
i see, its a definite error on the website. although it does say 140 day for online. if you applied on dec 20th, you should be receive by early may.

it is crazy i know. Not all employers understand the "implied status"

hope fully ours come before the existing expires.

Andy
Early May? That is crazy! Any chance of expediting the process? I travel for business which I am guessing I cannot do till I get my extension and apply for TRV?

My work permit is set to expire on Feb 20 2016. I guess I am going to be on "implied status" till May? This just worries me.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
codeguru said:
Early May? That is crazy! Any chance of expediting the process? I travel for business which I am guessing I cannot do till I get my extension and apply for TRV?

My work permit is set to expire on Feb 20 2016. I guess I am going to be on "implied status" till May? This just worries me.
you can try contacting CIC and see what they can do, i doubt they will be any help.

The quickest i have seen is 3 months, somebody applied in November last year.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Andy.cic said:
you can try contacting CIC and see what they can do, i doubt they will be any help.

The quickest i have seen is 3 months, somebody applied in November last year.
Can I flagpole in this situation?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpoled-got-pgwp-t392698.0.html

I do not mind paying another $255 if I can get my extension on PGWP by flagpolling.

What is your advice? Cheers.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
codeguru said:
Can I flagpole in this situation?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpoled-got-pgwp-t392698.0.html

I do not mind paying another $255 if I can get my extension on PGWP by flagpolling.

What is your advice? Cheers.
definitely try that, get your all documents. i recommend taking proof of funds also.

i totally forgot about this option.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Andy.cic said:
definitely try that, get your all documents. i recommend taking proof of funds also.

i totally forgot about this option.
What documents do I require? Does A valid Passport, valid PGWP suffice? Do I require a document from my employer stating my employment?

How much do I require in my funds? $3000 CAD enough?

Please advice. Thank you.

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
Hi,
i am in the same boat. i have been issued the pgwp until the expiry date of my passport. after reviewing the forum. and with the help of few members. i have been told that i can only apply for pgwp extension on paper. it is risky to me in the sense that what if i put something wrong on it. or what not. however i have to do what i have to do.
meanwhile these are docs which are same as the ones used for applying while first time. so form 5710, photograph, copy of pgwp, copy of passports (both passports old and new), letter of explanation. form imm5556, fee receipt and transcript/graduation letter from university.

i am confused about the photograph dimensions. cuz it looks like i can put the photograph same as the P.R application's dimensions for photograph.

if you guys know about this, please help me.

thank you