+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension due to passport expiry

asdfgh789

Dec 16, 2017
Unfortunately you cant check the status of paper application until it is linked to your online account. Sad part is that we dont even receive any acknowledgement mail from IRCC.

My Timelines:
Sent paper application: 28th Jan 2019
IRCC Received : 1st Feb 2019
Linked my paper application to Online account: May 1st
Application Approved: 8th May
Hello, congrats on the extension of your pgwp... how did you link your paper application to online account? I don’t know how to do it... thank you.

balonitra

Jan 11, 2015
Hey you guys, I need help.
My pgwp was issued for 4 months due to passports validity, and now my PGWP is valid only for 2 months.
I have applied for a new passport but the problem is it will take more than a month for me to receive a new passport.Base on CIC "You need to apply at least 30 days before your current work permit expires", and I have no idea what to do or who to talk to.
Has someone here been in the same situation?
Do you guys know who to contact to get the answer?
Appreciate

Tyi

Jan 25, 2020
@smhj777
My PGWP extension approved today let me know if you have any questions about filling any fields in application. and yes you would get 1 year additional if you got approved for 2 years earlier.

Cheers,
Vj
Hey how are you?? I’m in the same situation can you please tell me the steps for the extension?

Simran32

Jan 24, 2015
@smhj777
My PGWP extension approved today let me know if you have any questions about filling any fields in application. and yes you would get 1 year additional if you got approved for 2 years earlier.

Cheers,
Vj
Hello , which guide did you use to fill your PGWP extension - Guide5553 or Guide5580 ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide-paper.html
or
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html

Ayushi006

Aug 23, 2022
While applying for PGWP due to passport expiry, what do I select for the 3rd question: applying with same employer or Initial work permit or with a new employer?
and do I have to fill in the expected date of employment? Or leave it blank? If I have to fill it then it should be the date of expiry of current work permit until the date it has to be extended to right?

and I recently travelled back to my home country for a vacation, so I have to include that date as date of recent entry to Canada and place?