+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension due to passport expiry along with wife's OWP extension

yashshah0809

May 27, 2016
Hi All,

Currently, I have a PGWP which expires December 2016 due to my passport expiry and my wife currently has a OWP which expires on Dec 2106.
I have applied for a new passport and it should be on the way soon.
I have a full time job in NOC A category in Ontario
I am soon going to be applying for PGWP extension (paper based application) at Vegreville Alberta.

Is it possible to apply for my wife's OWP extension along with my application? If yes, could anyone help me with the list of documents and forms I would have to submit for my PGWP extension and my wife's OWP extension?

Thanks in advance, I really need this information as I cannot afford to go wrong with it.
Please help!!

yashshah0809

May 27, 2016
After doing thorough online research and speaking to CIC agent, I submitted an online application for PGWP Extension due to passport expiry. I submitted my application on July 6, 2016 and received a positive response on July 21, 2016 receiving the pending 2 years + of the 3 years.

So all you need to do to apply is:
Fill out the questionnaire in the same manner as you would have done it for the initial PGWP application.
Add a letter of explanation with your current work permit, old passport and other educational documents.
Also attach your new passport and fill up the IMM form in the similar fashion.
Only in the section "Have you previously applied to remain in Canada", you need to write an explanation mentioning Work Permit was issued till passport expiry, have renewed my passport for further extensions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Heminpatwa

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After doing thorough online research and speaking to CIC agent, I submitted an online application for PGWP Extension due to passport expiry. I submitted my application on July 6, 2016 and received a positive response on July 21, 2016 receiving the pending 2 years + of the 3 years.

Fill out the questionnaire in the same manner as you would have done it for the initial PGWP application.
Add a letter of explanation with your current work permit, old passport and other educational documents.
Only in the section "Have you previously applied to remain in Canada", you need to write an explanation mentioning Work Permit was issued till passport expiry, have renewed my passport for further extensions.

Hi Yash, information, you provided, is very helpful. Did you apply your wife's owp along with you?

caiouechi

Mar 27, 2019

yasha, you did that in a new web form? Or you created another application and paid the same fees for a new PGWP extension?

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019

Hi,
Recently, I got one year PGWP
In remarks/Observations:
Issued Document Till PASSPORT VALIDITY DATE. Post-grad employment.

can I eligible to apply work permit extension.

Please help me