+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension after passport renewal?

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello,

I really appreciate your feedback on the spouse's open work permit. I have been working in Canada since June 2020, and I applied for SOWP for my wife in Dec 2020 (outland). Yesterday, she received PPR. However, my current WP will be going to end in June 2022, which is in 3 months. I applied already for a new work permit inside Canada. Does it create any problem in the port of entry for my spouse, when she landed in Canada?. Does my IRCC letter (the letter provided for authorization to work until my new work permit issue) allow her to enter Canada? Please give me a suggestion?

bonny22

Jun 22, 2021
Got my PGWP-ext approved today. Here's my timeline.

Oct 16, 2021: Gathered docs for PGWP paper application
Oct 17: Mailed application package
Oct 19: Package delivered and received by IRCC- Edmonton (Canada post tracking)
Jan 11, 2022: Initial PGWP expires (maintained status)
Mar 3: Made an enquiry about my application thru webform (takes so long to link to online account and it exceeds processing time)
Apr 1: Got email approval from IRCC. Was able to link my application online. Currently waiting for the actual docs.

Hope others were also approved today. My friend and I got approved on the same day and almost the same time, yet we had different lodging timeline and ways (paper and online).
Hi psyduck,
Wow! This is good news! Congratulations on getting your extension :)
In my case, initial permit is going to expire in 2 days. I was able to link my application months ago but no new updates from IRCC so far. I am a bit worried about that "maintained status" thing. Do I need to receive an actual letter saying im in "maintained status" or I can continue working and just wait for IRCC to email me about approval of extension?

thank you

Five555

Jun 13, 2022
Got my PGWP-ext approved today. Here's my timeline.

Oct 16, 2021: Gathered docs for PGWP paper application
Oct 17: Mailed application package
Oct 19: Package delivered and received by IRCC- Edmonton (Canada post tracking)
Jan 11, 2022: Initial PGWP expires (maintained status)
Mar 3: Made an enquiry about my application thru webform (takes so long to link to online account and it exceeds processing time)
Apr 1: Got email approval from IRCC. Was able to link my application online. Currently waiting for the actual docs.

Hope others were also approved today. My friend and I got approved on the same day and almost the same time, yet we had different lodging timeline and ways (paper and online).
Hi, did you mail to Unit 202 or 555? Thank you