+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP EXTENSION 2023

Raghav2394

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
Actually GC key i am using for PR application and Sign in partner i am using for Work permit extension. But both are running fine for now.

ChristieDavis

May 4, 2023
Hello friends! I opted in on 18th April but got an error message saying "technical difficulties". But when I tried again it says already confirmed information and opted in. Has anyone got approval recently who applied around this date ? Thanks in advance for your replies !

ChristieDavis

May 4, 2023
No brother, I didn't got approval letter. I just checked through Sign in - My portal said you application got approved that's it. I didn't have any new messages.
Bro, did your gc key portal show as a new application in progress while you opted in? Where did you see that your opt in was approved?

Raghav2394

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
Hi Bro, I applied on April 6. For some reason i didn't get any Approval Message until May 2. I just saw in the Portal it created a new Work permit number and with extension date. next day i got an email regarding the approval.

Reactions: ChristieDavis

Canadalife?

Jul 23, 2020
Hi, my PGWP will be expired in August 2023 and my passport only until April 2025.
Could I apply PGWP extension in July? And how?

Barbiejoo

Feb 23, 2021
Hi Bro, I applied on April 6. For some reason i didn't get any Approval Message until May 2. I just saw in the Portal it created a new Work permit number and with extension date. next day i got an email regarding the approval.
Hey Raghav, did you get a congratulations message after any of your tries

a_ravi30

May 24, 2022
Hi all,
Anyone received any confirmation email after the opt-in process?
Also, did anyone receive the new work permit to their mentioned address?

Barbiejoo

Feb 23, 2021
Hi all,
Anyone received any confirmation email after the opt-in process?
Also, did anyone receive the new work permit to their mentioned address?
Hi I didn't get a confirmation email, but the first time I applied it said an error and then when I tried again it said I had already opted in.

Two weeks later I just tried again and then it said congratulations, your profile has been submitted.

After that message I got my work permit in the mail on 2 weeks. :) Hope it helped

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I was eligible to opt-in but my passport expired before June 2025. I renewed it but didn't get it on time before the opt-in system was closed.

I am planning now to submit my PGWP extension through the "regular method". Can I submit my wife's open work permit extension along with mine?

mdot

Jun 17, 2023
Is anyone still waiting for their pgwp extension approval email? I contacted IRCC and was told wait until end of june 2023. I wasn't sure if they actually meant end of June, since I heard a lot of my friends got theirs quite earlier.

qasim.01

Feb 24, 2022
Is anyone still waiting for their pgwp extension approval email? I contacted IRCC and was told wait until end of june 2023. I wasn't sure if they actually meant end of June, since I heard a lot of my friends got theirs quite earlier.

Im waiting for the approval as well. did IRCC confirmed any information, or just gave a generic reply?

I have applied on May20, when did you apply?

Last edited:

mdot

Jun 17, 2023
Im waiting for the approval as well. did IRCC confirmed any information, or just gave a geberic reply?

I have applied on May20, when did you apply?
I just got an email today from IRCC that it was refused for some reason that they don't even know, atleast that's what I was told when I contacted them on phone for the reason of refusal. Now I'm told to apply the regular way and also I'm bound to pay status restoration fee, just because they couldn't tell me before my permit expired that it was refused. I had applied on April 7th, as early as I could.
Hope you get yours approved soon

qasim.01

Feb 24, 2022
I just got an email today from IRCC that it was refused for some reason that they don't even know, atleast that's what I was told when I contacted them on phone for the reason of refusal. Now I'm told to apply the regular way and also I'm bound to pay status restoration fee, just because they couldn't tell me before my permit expired that it was refused. I had applied on April 7th, as early as I could.
Hope you get yours approved soon
Thanks man!
but yeah, IRCC is full of surprizes. I hope it get mine, but i literally applied the last day, i dont have that much positive vibes.