+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring soon - PR/ work permit options.

shodai

Jan 21, 2024
Hello,

I am currently working and my PGWP is going to expire in March 2024 (less than 60 days).
I want to use my current employment for my one year canadian experience, but it’s only going to qualify as 1 year after May 2024.

I plan to apply through NBPNP.

Please what are my options?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
How long was your work permit? Next question, why didn't you apply for PNP long before now? All avenues lead to your permit expiring unless your employer can support closed LMIA work permit. Applying for PNP alone will take a minimum of 2 months to process. Then the federal application takes another 2 to 3 months to AOR to extend the permit. So you re really out of luck without an employer support.

shodai

Jan 21, 2024
Hello,
I had 1 year PGWP, i applied for pnp last year but my pr was refused in november because my work experience in my home country didn’t qualify as “work experience”
I am hoping to get a nomination to use to extend my work permit.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello,
I had 1 year PGWP, i applied for pnp last year but my pr was refused in november because my work experience in my home country didn’t qualify as “work experience”
I am hoping to get a nomination to use to extend my work permit.
Most PNP usually do not need work experience to apply for it. You only need an appropriate job to apply. Why did you use your experience from your home country? What PNP stream did you apply for?

Well that's unfortunate but you only have one option to remain in Canada.