Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello, I am hoping to get an advise for this situation
My PGWP is expiring Aug 10th.
I applied for my PR under CEC on May 27th. However, i was told to extend my WP i would need an LMO or i can apply for a new bridging work permit. My problem is my company does not offer LMO (which puzzles me because half the people in my office are foreign workers). The only other option is the bridging WP, but i need an AOR from immigration to be able to apply for that. I am worried that the AOR will not come before my current work permit expires. What do i do? I was told by CIC contact center agent that it is now taking 8-10weeks to receive AOR, which is too close for comfort to when my Work permit is expiring.
If for some reason, it doesnt come, I hear i can apply to change my status to visitor.. do i stand a huge chance of being rejected if i applied as a visitor? Luckily for me, i will be on mat leave during that time so technically, i wont be working

bondbond

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideally I think u will recieve the aor before 9 Aug. So just keep the online application ready. In worst case the aor doesn't come, send in the bowp application without the aor. By the time they process your bowp application, they would have the aor in the system.

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bondbond said:
Ideally I think u will recieve the aor before 9 Aug. So just keep the online application ready. In worst case the aor doesn't come, send in the bowp application without the aor. By the time they process your bowp application, they would have the aor in the system.
Okay sounds like a good idea. i did not think to do that. I just assumed the application will not be considered at all without that letter.. the BOWP only takes about a week and half so i will have to keep my fingers crossed, hoping that it comes within that short time

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
kayceesin said:
Okay sounds like a good idea. i did not think to do that. I just assumed the application will not be considered at all without that letter.. the BOWP only takes about a week and half so i will have to keep my fingers crossed, hoping that it comes within that short time
You should prepare a paper application. In case you will not get your AOR, you can send it to CIC like 2 weeks before your current WP expires. The paper application takes much longer (40 days) than online application, so hopefully you will get your AOR before they start processing your BOWP application. If you get your AOR on time, send the online application instead.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Did the CIC call center confirm that the AOR processing time is 8 to 10 weeks? I had asked them this question a while back and they said that they can't advise on AOR processing times. So ... just checking if that's something a CIC call center agent confirmed to you. let us know! thanks

kayceesin said:
Hello, I am hoping to get an advise for this situation
My PGWP is expiring Aug 10th.
I applied for my PR under CEC on May 27th. However, i was told to extend my WP i would need an LMO or i can apply for a new bridging work permit. My problem is my company does not offer LMO (which puzzles me because half the people in my office are foreign workers). The only other option is the bridging WP, but i need an AOR from immigration to be able to apply for that. I am worried that the AOR will not come before my current work permit expires. What do i do? I was told by CIC contact center agent that it is now taking 8-10weeks to receive AOR, which is too close for comfort to when my Work permit is expiring.
If for some reason, it doesnt come, I hear i can apply to change my status to visitor.. do i stand a huge chance of being rejected if i applied as a visitor? Luckily for me, i will be on mat leave during that time so technically, i wont be working

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hope1957 said:
Did the CIC call center confirm that the AOR processing time is 8 to 10 weeks? I had asked them this question a while back and they said that they can't advise on AOR processing times. So ... just checking if that's something a CIC call center agent confirmed to you. let us know! thanks
Yes! I called when informed about needing an AOR to apply for a BOWP. I asked how long it will take and she told me it is currently taking 8-10 weeks. I have not seen anyone who it took so long to get their AOR though. So i am assumming they were giving me the worst senerio.

kayceesin

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-07-2014
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nov1061 said:
You should prepare a paper application. In case you will not get your AOR, you can send it to CIC like 2 weeks before your current WP expires. The paper application takes much longer (40 days) than online application, so hopefully you will get your AOR before they start processing your BOWP application. If you get your AOR on time, send the online application instead.
Thanks ! that is a wonderful idea

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Well ... I think I understand where the agent got that information from. Under how to contact CIO office it states 8 to 10 weeks however, if you check under after you apply in CEC, it states within 6 weeks. To be on the conservative side and given the current processing time, it's best to take the conservative side.
When your work permit is close to expiring you can apply (paper application) for your BOWP without an AOR and hope that you get your BOWP.
Good luck!

kayceesin said:
Thanks ! that is a wonderful idea