+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring – Need big help

mai1995

Sep 17, 2020
I am living in Ottawa. My work permit will expire in May 2022 and I just got a full time job in June 2021 but
  • I can't apply for ONIP: INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STREAM because I graduated in December 2018 and the requirement is that my education credential must be within 2 years of ONIP application submission date.
  • I can't apply for Express Entry because I got my first full-time job in June 2021 (no co-op). I will be lacking 1 month of experience to become a 1 year of experience.
  • My company does not give me an offer for LMIA (closed work permit).
  • There is no news about public policy for PGWP extension like last year.
I wasted too much money for college and time for finding a job but finally I got one (Software Developer) and my work permit is about to expire. I almost got a job but failed 2 interviews in the final round because covid-19 occurred and they didn't want to hire that position anymore in 2020. My life recently is all about unfair and stressful. So what options do I have now because I don't want to go back to my country?
  • Trying to apply for open work permit under public policy and praying that they will approve it?
  • Looking for a consultant lawyer for help and cost money?
  • Getting a new study permit and going back to college again and continue to waste money?
Does anyone continue to stay in Canada after work permit expired or ideas for me?

Last edited: