+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expires before receiveing ITA under CEC

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Thought so but what does CBA have to do with IRCC? What solutions do you know of as there have been no announcements. Assume you work for CBA if you have insider knowledge on meetings with IRCC‘s minister.
No i do not. Mark holthe, who is the former canadian bar head, was mentioning in his youtube videos that the minister asked CBA for the proposals. He also mentioned that the Minister is soon going to come up some new annoucements. Plus in the CIC news it was mentioned that the next meeting with CBA is scheduled to happen int the mid of the feb.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thought so but what does CBA have to do with IRCC? What solutions do you know of as there have been no announcements. Assume you work for CBA if you have insider knowledge on meetings with IRCC‘s minister.
This topic has been discussed extensively for a while now in the EE section of the forum in the big Worldwide thread. I would say this is public knowledge at this point. It does appear there will be announcements likely in Feb but the details are of course not clear. All we have right now are high level statements.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This topic has been discussed extensively for a while now in the EE section of the forum in the big Worldwide thread. I would say this is public knowledge at this point. It does appear there will be announcements likely in Feb but the details are of course not clear. All we have right now are high level statements.
No i do not. Mark holthe, who is the former canadian bar head, was mentioning in his youtube videos that the minister asked CBA for the proposals. He also mentioned that the Minister is soon going to come up some new annoucements. Plus in the CIC news it was mentioned that the next meeting with CBA is scheduled to happen int the mid of the feb.
Aware of the recommendations listing in the link. IRCC may take none of the issues into consideration or take bits and pieces. The CBA recommendations deal with those who have applications under review; reviewing applications in a more timely matter; allow more time for applicants to gather documents and having a more open application process fair to all etc. I don’t see any CBA recommendations that state work permit extensions for those not receiving an ITA. Who knows what IRCC will announce.

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=82cce455-d33e-4c04-9385-0bfbac7e3dc9

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Aware of the recommendations listing in the link. IRCC may take none of the issues into consideration or take bits and pieces. The CBA recommendations deal with those who have applications under review; reviewing applications in a more timely matter; allow more time for applicants to gather documents and having a more open application process fair to all etc. I don’t see any CBA recommendations that state work permit extensions for those not receiving an ITA. Who knows what IRCC will announce.

https://www.cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=82cce455-d33e-4c04-9385-0bfbac7e3dc9
This is old, they had a meeting in Jan 2022.

Reactions: scylla

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

But I recently applied for a temporary residence visa and I got it approved. validity is until 2025.

my PGWP will expire on 2020/Aug

Edit : my PGWP will expire on 2022/Aug
What kind of trv are you talking of

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
There appears to be some logic in applying to extend your PGWP while waiting for the next CEC draw though such extension will be denied.

You can continue working under the implied status until you receive your hopefully ITA at which time you can go ahead and apply for the BOWP.

Otherwise if you get the PWGP refusal decision before receiving an ITA then you have to stop working and restore your status.

Best advice is apply PWGP extension and a Visitor Visa together. Most likely PGWP will be refused and Visitor Visa approved. If this happens before getting an ITA you can just stop working and stay in Canada to wait for the CEC draw to happen.

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
IRCC and minister are coming up with a program for all of those whose PGWP is expring and are currenlty employed. So all should just relax f
From what I saw in the immigration minister last interview yesterday, I think he doesn't like CEC candidates or immigrant for that matter. He kind of a white supremacist. I don't see any hope for expiring/expired PGWP holders at the moment.

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
There appears to be some logic in applying to extend your PGWP while waiting for the next CEC draw though such extension will be denied.

You can continue working under the implied status until you receive your hopefully ITA at which time you can go ahead and apply for the BOWP.

Otherwise if you get the PWGP refusal decision before receiving an ITA then you have to stop working and restore your status.

Best advice is apply PWGP extension and a Visitor Visa together. Most likely PGWP will be refused and Visitor Visa approved. If this happens before getting an ITA you can just stop working and stay in Canada to wait for the CEC draw to happen.
Once again, I told this to several people here: ITA isn't the document that allows you to apply for BOWP. ITA or Invitation to Apply states that you either Apply for PR within 60 days or Decline the invitation. You use AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) as a document to apply for BOWP.

If you don't believe or not sure I can share my ITA and AOR here, you can read those docs and can figure it out.

Reactions: chiar0n

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Once again, I told this to several people here: ITA isn't the document that allows you to apply for BOWP. ITA or Invitation to Apply states that you either Apply for PR within 60 days or Decline the invitation. You use AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) as a document to apply for BOWP.

If you don't believe or not sure I can share my ITA and AOR here, you can read those docs and can figure it out.
I think every1 knows that already

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
From what I saw in the immigration minister last interview yesterday, I think he doesn't like CEC candidates or immigrant for that matter. He kind of a white supremacist. I don't see any hope for expiring/expired PGWP holders at the moment.
"I think he doesn't like CEC candidates or immigrant for that matter. He kind of a white supremacist."- dont know about it as I haven't seen the video he addressed. I'll check that later.
There's millions of backlogs from 2020 and some from 2019 that includes FSW, CEC, PNP, FSTW and TRPR. Considering the fast there hasn't been any FSW/FSTW because of Covid, backlogs in 2021. Nothing for CEC since Sept 2021 because of backlogs. TRPR is still on the process. Hopefully things will start to resume soon.
I heard that IRCC will soon to start with a program for those who's PGWP expired or expiring and are employed.