+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP enquiry

Abood1986

Dec 1, 2020
Hello there,

I know its a long message and probably not many has been in similar situations but any replies will be very grateful.

I did a two year business program in Georgian College, Barrie, ON which started in September 2018 and ended August 2020. Initially, I was in the Co-op (2 work terms) program and I also completed my first Co-op during Summer 2019. Further, I was selected by the college itself to complete my final semester in Portugal as part of the Erasmus student exchange program from February 2020- June 2020. Because of this, I had to drop out from the Co-op to Non Co-op program since my second work term was during the same months. When I did my final semester in Portugal, three course credits were transferred to Georgian transcript and I enrolled in three other online courses during Summer 2020 at Georgian college to complete the 6 total required courses for my graduation.

Two days ago, I applied for my PGWP. Since I did my final semester at Georgian college outside Canada and was enrolled only for three courses (part time) during summer 2020, is there a chance my PGWP application may be refused? I already sent an official letter I recieved saying that I was selected by the college for the exchange program through IRCC web form to let them know about my situation . However, do I need to be worried about a refusal?

Vidasl

Jun 8, 2020
Hello there,

I know its a long message and probably not many has been in similar situations but any replies will be very grateful.

I did a two year business program in Georgian College, Barrie, ON which started in September 2018 and ended August 2020. Initially, I was in the Co-op (2 work terms) program and I also completed my first Co-op during Summer 2019. Further, I was selected by the college itself to complete my final semester in Portugal as part of the Erasmus student exchange program from February 2020- June 2020. Because of this, I had to drop out from the Co-op to Non Co-op program since my second work term was during the same months. When I did my final semester in Portugal, three course credits were transferred to Georgian transcript and I enrolled in three other online courses during Summer 2020 at Georgian college to complete the 6 total required courses for my graduation.

Two days ago, I applied for my PGWP. Since I did my final semester at Georgian college outside Canada and was enrolled only for three courses (part time) during summer 2020, is there a chance my PGWP application may be refused? I already sent an official letter I recieved saying that I was selected by the college for the exchange program through IRCC web form to let them know about my situation . However, do I need to be worried about a refusal?
Hi can you please update that if you got your pgwp or not?