+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Employment Location

ykim747

Nov 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my PGWP.

I am currently in Hamilton with this PGWP but I am trying to move to Toronto or Calgary for a new job.

However, on my work permit it says, Employment Location : Hamilton.

My friends (who are in same situation with me) have PGWP, and Employment Location : Unknown.

Why does my PGWP show like "Employment Location : Hamilton" ?

Does this mean that I can only work here in Hamilton?

kind of area restriction???

Please let me know. Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ykim747 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my PGWP.

I am currently in Hamilton with this PGWP but I am trying to move to Toronto or Calgary for a new job.

However, on my work permit it says, Employment Location : Hamilton.

My friends (who are in same situation with me) have PGWP, and Employment Location : Unknown.

Why does my PGWP show like "Employment Location : Hamilton" ?

Does this mean that I can only work here in Hamilton?

kind of area restriction???

Please let me know. Thanks!
No, you can work where ever you want in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ykim747 said:
Thank you.

But, why does work permit show 'Hamilton'????

My friend's PGWP has 'Unknown'.
People do make mistake, they probably input the code of your given address, rather than the code for unknown.

toronto.111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in similar situation. It is not really a problem. But if you would like to really get it corrected, You have to send your original PGWP to ottawa office for correction. There is no fees and you will receive it back in abt 40 days. Don't worry, relax and Call CIC for more info.

Cheers

ykim747

Nov 24, 2013
Hi guys.

I want to update my situation.

I called to CIC 4 times to know my problem.

Even though Employment Location is not unknown, I can work anywhere in Canada.

The reason why Employment Location is designated is that I am living in Hamilton. that's it.

If there is area restriction, it should be mentioned in Conditions category.

But, Condition on my PGWP, there is no area restriction.

If someone really want to change to 'Unknown' in employment location, download 'IMM1436E' form.

Fill out the blank, and prepare the documents, send them to CIC (Ottawa)

I hope this will help for you.

vaibs099

Aug 28, 2015
Hello i have same condition with employment location as toronto.

What do you guys suggest should i get it changed to unknown.

I also talked to CIC they are very casual about it and dnt believe this is a huge concern.

But still anything coming from anyone's experience will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

kezia123

Nov 22, 2017
Hello, I have The same condition with employment location as Toronto and I am having a WP. As I am having my scheduled break can I work anywhere in Canada

shashipandeyy

Aug 29, 2017
Hello i have same condition with employment location as toronto.

What do you guys suggest should i get it changed to unknown.

I also talked to CIC they are very casual about it and dnt believe this is a huge concern.

But still anything coming from anyone's experience will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hey,

I have the same issue and I accepted a job in a huge bank in Toronto but they did not clear my BGV saying I am only eligible to work in Vancouver as the location says Vancouver.
I called CIC for help and they said its fine no need to worry or change anything but guess what the Bank did not buy it so I am now trying to change it so as not to run into something similar again.

linzhifang

Jan 12, 2019
Hey,

I have the same issue and I accepted a job in a huge bank in Toronto but they did not clear my BGV saying I am only eligible to work in Vancouver as the location says Vancouver.
I called CIC for help and they said its fine no need to worry or change anything but guess what the Bank did not buy it so I am now trying to change it so as not to run into something similar again.
Hey, I also have the same issue, How Can I Change it just like get a new one,which is right the employment location information?help me please,thank you!

shashipandeyy

Aug 29, 2017
Hey, I also have the same issue, How Can I Change it just like get a new one,which is right the employment location information?help me please,thank you!
Hi,
I sent my work permit for correction to IRCC Ottawa office with Amendment letter, Application form and my offer letter that got rejected because of the location. I received an updated Work Permit in approx. 20 days. You can type amendment of work permit in google and would find cic link that would be useful.
Please let me know if you need any further information.

Reactions: Kullar

Kullar

Jan 25, 2019
Hi did u fill amendment form by yourself or u used representative??? If u filled ur form by urself pls help me as well

Kullar

Jan 25, 2019
Hi,
I sent my work permit for correction to IRCC Ottawa office with Amendment letter, Application form and my offer letter that got rejected because of the location. I received an updated Work Permit in approx. 20 days. You can type amendment of work permit in google and would find cic link that would be useful.
Please let me know if you need any further information.
I just need help to fill out the form

Kullar

Jan 25, 2019
I just need help to fill out the form
I sent my work permit for correction to Ottawa office in June 2018 it was lost somewhere and cic told me we didn’t receive ur pgwp and I applied for copy of my work permit now I got it and I want to send it for amendment

shashipandeyy

Aug 29, 2017
I sent my work permit for correction to Ottawa office in June 2018 it was lost somewhere and cic told me we didn’t receive ur pgwp and I applied for copy of my work permit now I got it and I want to send it for amendment
I am so sorry to hear that.
I filled it myself. I sent them the following document:
-Amendment Letter- I wrote a letter to the immigration officer stating my issue and why I wanted the changes.
-Amendment Form- I filled in all the details and in the information to be amended section, I chose "Other changes" and in the reasons for the amendment, I specified my reason.
-Passport copy
-My work permit
Hope this helps!!
Note: There is no need to stress too much as the documents will be verified and if they need something else they will let you know.