+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP duration for accelerated programs

harshith1_1

Nov 27, 2021
Hi, I am a student in the Carleton MBA program. I have joined the program through an institute called INSOFE in which I complete 4 months of my studies in India and gain Advanced Standing and an accelerated pathway to the MBA program at Carleton: https://sprott.carleton.ca/2021/09/sprott-school-of-business-and-insofe-partner-on-pathway-to-mba-degree/, which will be completed in 12 months rather than the original 16 months.

I just wanted to know how many months of PGWP this program will at least be eligible for regardless of the final decision by IRCC in the end. I am confident that the 4 months of study in India at INSOFE will not be counted towards my PGWP but since in the end our final transcripts from Carleton will include the program duration as 16 months and we will be joining the MBA program in Jan 2022 through an accelerated pathway we should be given PGWP for the duration of the program which is 16 months.

If anyone can provide a little more clarity on this scenario it would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue. @airforce1907 @Sb2021 @Naturgrl @canuck78 @GandiBaat

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi, I am a student in the Carleton MBA program. I have joined the program through an institute called INSOFE in which I complete 4 months of my studies in India and gain Advanced Standing and an accelerated pathway to the MBA program at Carleton: https://sprott.carleton.ca/2021/09/sprott-school-of-business-and-insofe-partner-on-pathway-to-mba-degree/, which will be completed in 12 months rather than the original 16 months.

I just wanted to know how many months of PGWP this program will at least be eligible for regardless of the final decision by IRCC in the end. I am confident that the 4 months of study in India at INSOFE will not be counted towards my PGWP but since in the end our final transcripts from Carleton will include the program duration as 16 months and we will be joining the MBA program in Jan 2022 through an accelerated pathway we should be given PGWP for the duration of the program which is 16 months.

If anyone can provide a little more clarity on this scenario it would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue. @airforce1907 @Sb2021 @Naturgrl @canuck78 @GandiBaat
@scylla Please look at this.

My wife is doing her Phd but this is not a situation which either of us have faced. If I were you, I will start with immigration counsellor at your DLI. They may have seen such cases. Personally, I avoid commenting on situations that I have not experienced myself or seen it happen or something very close to them.

Reactions: harshith1_1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla Please look at this.

My wife is doing her Phd but this is not a situation which either of us have faced. If I were you, I will start with immigration counsellor at your DLI. They may have seen such cases. Personally, I avoid commenting on situations that I have not experienced myself or seen it happen or something very close to them.
No idea what the answer is.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thanks for the reply guys. Sadly my university's immigration counsellor is also mum on this issue.
Ask around among your cohort and seniors if they have seen this situation and the immigration consultants in the city of your univ, not necessarily the lawyers because lawyers are great at interpreting the laws, consultants are a shade better at interpreting the process and procedures; this feels like a process and procedure thing. Consult only registered consultants.

Reactions: harshith1_1

harshith1_1

Nov 27, 2021
Thank you, @GandiBaat. I've asked my cohort and seniors as well but since this is the first time such a program is being offered, no one knows how it'll turn out. I'll try getting in contact with immigration consultants if I can.