+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP denied!

Dkim

Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

I got a message from cic, saying the application for PGWP is refused.

I am still staying in canada with my study permit till end of july.

I've been working fulltime after school waiting for PGWP.

Right now, im preparing for common law partner sponsorship stream.

My question is if Im allowed to work now since my study permit and SIN number expires in july.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
I don't think you can work now that your PGWP is refused. It doesn't matter if your SIN is still valid.
Actually, you shouldn't have worked full time after you finished school before you got your PGWP. That means you were working illegally.
Did they tell you why they refused your PGWP?

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Hey how did you apply for pgwp because the 90day time to apply for pgwp will start in may?
When you graduated?

jimmy102010

May 31, 2017
Hi,

I got a message from cic, saying the application for PGWP is refused.

I am still staying in canada with my study permit till end of july.

I've been working fulltime after school waiting for PGWP.

Right now, im preparing for common law partner sponsorship stream.

My question is if Im allowed to work now since my study permit and SIN number expires in july.
Hey what was the reason for your refusal?

sheikhsadik

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I don't think you can work now that your PGWP is refused. It doesn't matter if your SIN is still valid.
Actually, you shouldn't have worked full time after you finished school before you got your PGWP. That means you were working illegally.
Did they tell you why they refused your PGWP?
You are wrong here. You are allowed to work as long as you have applied for pgwp. You don't need to get the final paper to start working.

According to 186)w) of Immigration & Refugee Protection Regulations:
186 A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit
(w) if they are or were the holder of a study permit who has completed their program of study and
  • (i) they met the requirements set out in paragraph (v), and
  • (ii) they applied for a work permit before the expiry of that study permit and a decision has not yet been made in respect of their application.

ycjbas

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
14-08-2017
Before you received the final decision, you are able to work full-time, but once the PGWP got refused, you can't work anymore since you are not waiting for a decision.

Even your study permit expires end of July, you've already applied PGWP, which means you already graduated? If you already graduated and no longer register to any schools, technically your study permit is not valid. And legally speaking you will need to apply for 'Change of conditions or Extend your stay in Canada' from student to visitor in order to stay here legally. (I'm not sure how strict they are, but if you still work with your study permit, it might get complicated when you apply PR)

Why did they refuse your PGWP?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
You are wrong here. You are allowed to work as long as you have applied for pgwp. You don't need to get the final paper to start working.

According to 186)w) of Immigration & Refugee Protection Regulations:
186 A foreign national may work in Canada without a work permit
(w) if they are or were the holder of a study permit who has completed their program of study and
  • (i) they met the requirements set out in paragraph (v), and
  • (ii) they applied for a work permit before the expiry of that study permit and a decision has not yet been made in respect of their application.
It was unclear from his post if he started working fulltime before filing the application or after filing the application for PGWP.

It doesn't matter now, really, since his PGWP is refused, he must stop working immediately until he can sort his status out.