+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP changing conditions

Camila0290

May 22, 2024
Hello Everyone ! I am sending my papers via post canada today to change conditions on my PGWP.

I have two questions for you: first question: on the first section of IMM5710, Question number 3) I am not sure which box correspond to changing conditions on the PGWP. Should I choose "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" or "Apply for a work permit with the same employer ?" My second question: If I have been offered a new job to work on a hospital (I have a current job that I would leave as this condition is changed) should I complete questions 2) 3) 4) 5) on the section named: Details for intended work in canada with the information of my potential new employer? Thank you so much for your help !

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Hello Everyone ! I am sending my papers via post canada today to change conditions on my PGWP.

I have two questions for you: first question: on the first section of IMM5710, Question number 3) I am not sure which box correspond to changing conditions on the PGWP. Should I choose "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" or "Apply for a work permit with the same employer ?" My second question: If I have been offered a new job to work on a hospital (I have a current job that I would leave as this condition is changed) should I complete questions 2) 3) 4) 5) on the section named: Details for intended work in canada with the information of my potential new employer? Thank you so much for your help !
PGWP is an open work permit, the question you are trying to answer sounds more like a closed work permit. What's your status in Canada and what conditions exactly are you trying to change?

Camila0290

May 22, 2024
PGWP is an open work permit, the question you are trying to answer sounds more like a closed work permit. What's your status in Canada and what conditions exactly are you trying to change?
Hi thanks for your answer.
Yes PGWP is an open permit. On my case I have an specific condition that doesn't allowed me to work in healthcare industry. I have a new offer at a hospital so I need to remove that condition by passing the medical examen required by IRCC. I understand this process has to be done by paper. My question is oriented on which box on question 3 section 1 of IMM5710 should I check, and as I have a job offer already should I add their adress to IMM5710?

Thank you!

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Hi thanks for your answer.
Yes PGWP is an open permit. On my case I have an specific condition that doesn't allowed me to work in healthcare industry. I have a new offer at a hospital so I need to remove that condition by passing the medical examen required by IRCC. I understand this process has to be done by paper. My question is oriented on which box on question 3 section 1 of IMM5710 should I check, and as I have a job offer already should I add their adress to IMM5710?

Thank you!

2. Details for Intended Work in Canada

• On the IMM 5710 form, for 1 a), under “Details of intended work in Canada,” select “Other.”
  • Also on the IMM 5710 form, for 1 b), under “Other,” write that you need the conditions removed (not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations).
Further reading on 2.

Who should select “Other”
Choose “Other” only if you’re applying to extend your status in Canada to work for a

Your employer must give you an employment contract or an employment letter including the following information:

• name of employer
  • address of employer
  • title
  • salary
  • hours of work
  • any other relevant details
Your employer does not need to submit an offer of employment through the Employer Portal. This means you don’t need to provide a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) number or offer of employment (LMIA-exempt) number.

If you choose “Other” in question 1a), tell us which of the options listed above applies to you.

Conclusion - You don't need to fill employer details but attach the offer letter from your prospective employer to your application.

Since 2 implies(based on IRCC language) you are applying to extend work permit(even though you aren't and only looking to change conditions), I'll choose option 2(work permit new employer) on question 3(1).

Make sure to attach a LOE to your application clearly stating your intent.