+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP --> BOWP

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just a query regarding bowp app as a pgwp holder. My pgwp will expire by Dec 2021, but I got AOR as FSW Inland last Jan 2021. I know that we need completeness check by IRCC for BOWP. Given the situation we have right now, what could I do if I won't receive any update regarding my PR app's completeness by then? Thanks!

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

Just a query regarding bowp app as a pgwp holder. My pgwp will expire by Dec 2021, but I got AOR as FSW Inland last Jan 2021. I know that we need completeness check by IRCC for BOWP. Given the situation we have right now, what could I do if I won't receive any update regarding my PR app's completeness by then? Thanks!
The completeness check is mostly a procedural check for IRCC officers when they process and approve BOWP, it doesn't mean the applicants need to worry about that because it's not possible for them to know exactly in which stage their applications are unless they ask for GCMS notes.

As long as you got your AOR, you can apply for BOWP 4 months before your current WP expires.

Reactions: pankyy

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
The completeness check is mostly a procedural check for IRCC officers when they process and approve BOWP, it doesn't mean the applicants need to worry about that because it's not possible for them to know exactly in which stage their applications are unless they ask for GCMS notes.

As long as you got your AOR, you can apply for BOWP 4 months before your current WP expires.
Thank you! Just to clarify for this question:

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

I should still answer No right if I haven't received my AIP?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Thank you! Just to clarify for this question:

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

I should still answer No right if I haven't received my AIP?
They used to deliver something like AIP for PR a long time ago but not anymore, now AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter is considered as proof that you're approved in principle for PR

Reactions: pankyy