+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP at port of entry

KPR_G

Feb 29, 2016
can i apply for her WP extension along with my PGWP if her employer give her a letter of extended work contract ie beyond the date of her WP expiry?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
I will not know how SOWP work. based on this info, why dont she apply her own work permit with LMIA . and you can apply yours in this case.

SO apply yourself first to get PGWP. and at same time find jobs. to get 3 pay slips, this bout 2 to 3 months job.

KPR_G

Feb 29, 2016
I will not know how SOWP work. based on this info, why dont she apply her own work permit with LMIA . and you can apply yours in this case.

SO apply yourself first to get PGWP. and at same time find jobs. to get 3 pay slips, this bout 2 to 3 months job.

LMIA itself will take 2-3 months, i heard

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
LMIA itself will take 2-3 months, i heard

this is why, you need to understand that there is way but takes times... if she is qualified for EE. I think it can be faster. LMIA work permit will be same timeline with your PGWP. her boss need to be willing to do more paperwork.

She can be visitor status after the work permit expired while you can apply your PGWP. But I definitely dont see why she cant apply for PNP program. NOC A is EE categories and if she work bout 6 months or more ( depends on the PNP), she should have get enough points to apply.

Again, please call ircc, pnp office and see if they have alternatives on all these.

for your case, you will get your work permit and she can be visitor status till you fulfilled sowp and apply for her. OR she can apply PR in her way and add you in her applications. OR you can be the primary PR applicant and add her on your applications.

KPR_G

Feb 29, 2016
this is why, you need to understand that there is way but takes times... if she is qualified for EE. I think it can be faster. LMIA work permit will be same timeline with your PGWP. her boss need to be willing to do more paperwork.

She can be visitor status after the work permit expired while you can apply your PGWP. But I definitely dont see why she cant apply for PNP program. NOC A is EE categories and if she work bout 6 months or more ( depends on the PNP), she should have get enough points to apply.

Again, please call ircc, pnp office and see if they have alternatives on all these.

for your case, you will get your work permit and she can be visitor status till you fulfilled sowp and apply for her. OR she can apply PR in her way and add you in her applications. OR you can be the primary PR applicant and add her on your applications.
Only concern i can see is she is employed by Toronto based company and she is located at winnipeg. and completed her almost 8 months of job.. and if she gets a letter saying she has been working for more than 6 months in winnipeg she will be able to apply for PNP. But in this case do we need a letter from employer(based in Toronto) or from Client(based in Winnipeg)

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
as per this , i can apply my PGWP and then find a job and try to get 3 paystubs and apply for her extension else, will apply for her visitor
Yes. she will need to apply as visitor visa while her SOWP expired. you can include her visitor application along with your PGWP ( call IRCC to verify this part, cause i dont want you to screw your application. Q: since sowp expired can you include her visitor status application on your pgwp application. .

and in meantime, both of you have to figured out are there alternatives to apply for PR.

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Only concern i can see is she is employed by Toronto based company and she is located at winnipeg. and completed her almost 8 months of job.. and if she gets a letter saying she has been working for more than 6 months in winnipeg she will be able to apply for PNP. But in this case do we need a letter from employer(based in Toronto) or from Client(based in Winnipeg)
on her pay stub, the company name showed Winnipeg or Toronto? had she filled any tax return?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
give MPNP a quick call in this case, since you two are in Winnipeg, and planning to be here till you got PR. i dont see why is impossible. plus she is very closed to complete one year work experience. plus NOC A.... i think high chances to get in. only the part saying, job offer from employer ( Q: does it have to be toronto or winnipeg)...

KPR_G

Feb 29, 2016
on her pay stub, the company name showed Winnipeg or Toronto? had she filled any tax return?
Company address is Winnipeg except for initial 2-3 paystubs which the Ontario address. She has not filled the return but tax(Income Tax, Employment Insurance and canada pension plan) is getting deducted from her pay and that is mentioned in the paystub

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
she will need to filled it next year for this year anyway.Trying to see if there is better proof she is earning from Winnipeg. Im sure the HR of the company can write a reference letter and job offer that showed her tight to work in Winnipeg location.