+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved sent to wrong adress

lins_stephen

Mar 29, 2018
Hi every one,
I am in a bit of trouble,
In my PGWP application I have mistakenly given wrong address, which is next to our block but there is no addressee in the same.
I have got the confirmation mail on 24.02.2018 that my application is approved and documents sent to the mailing address. I contacted Canada post but since there was no tracking ID they couldn't help me.
I tried to contact the customer care several time but they always busy and couldn't connect.
I have submitted a compliant twice in the link below, but didn't get any response from them.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Please help, it's been 5 weeks I am waiting for my documents.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You have probably received no response as your issue is not a complaint, it was you that put the wrong address there, not them. Is there anyone living at the other address? If there is, i would drop a note through their door or try to contact them in some way with your cell number. Also, keep trying to call the CIC, you will get through eventually. If the occupant of the other house does not reply to you this would be a good option. I would do both, just to be on the safe side. Also, you can order another copy http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp, but you may have to change your address with CIC first.

Reactions: friday.h

lins_stephen

Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for the help,
Unfortunately the number which I gave in the application doesn't exists,I got the address from online site kijiji where I found the house I am living now,but the house owner has put wrong address in the site accidentally.I tried many times to call CIC initially but as the call never got connected and i lost the hope.I will try again.
I tried to change my address in the site but it looks like the option is not available for processed application. I believe I should wait 6 weeks before applying for a duplicate copy(which was mentioned in the approval mail)Thanks again for your help, will keep updated about the status.

Karthikt

Apr 16, 2018
Thanks for the help,
Unfortunately the number which I gave in the application doesn't exists,I got the address from online site kijiji where I found the house I am living now,but the house owner has put wrong address in the site accidentally.I tried many times to call CIC initially but as the call never got connected and i lost the hope.I will try again.
I tried to change my address in the site but it looks like the option is not available for processed application. I believe I should wait 6 weeks before applying for a duplicate copy(which was mentioned in the approval mail)Thanks again for your help, will keep updated about the status.
Hi,
Did you received your document?