+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Approved, sent to wrong address

GalioAP

Nov 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am in a bit of a pickle.

In the application, I for some dumb unknown reason put the wrong unit number on my application.
I received an approval letter, and when I looked at the address in the letter, I realized it is a different unit.

It is in the same building, but not to my unit, a different unit.

Should I contact the residents at the unit whose mailbox my PGWP will be mailed to?

Or what should I do here?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Seems obvious drop a note to the unit occupant with your cell number explaining they may get mail addressed to you by mistake. Might already be too late but at least if the occupants are reasonable people they will call you anyway to confirm whether they ditched any letter or not and you will at least know. Could be worse and sent to some remote place or other side of the province or country even.

GalioAP

Nov 4, 2017
Seems obvious drop a note to the unit occupant with your cell number explaining they may get mail addressed to you by mistake. Might already be too late but at least if the occupants are reasonable people they will call you anyway to confirm whether they ditched any letter or not and you will at least know. Could be worse and sent to some remote place or other side of the province or country even.
I reached out to the resident of that unit, they said they gave it to the security, the security said they can't find it anywhere.

I don't know what to do,

anybody went through similar positions?

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
What you can do:

- update your address using this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp
- then request a copy of your missing WP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp
You may also try to call CIC directly, to speed up the process.
Agreed with @Binabik ...
@GalioAP
It happened to my owp but this was a mistake from CIC..
Anyhow what i did - been coordinate with post office and i informed CIC that they sent my owp to wrong address to this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
I able to get it from post office (thanks Canada post) and i able to get replacement from CIC (2 months later)

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
UP

please i need some help, i think my work permit is lost, no one seems to know where it is
Hello,

I am in exactly the same situation as yours. The work permit is sent to a wrong address and now I do not have any valid document proof.

Could you please let me know what did you do to get a new one ? I called up CIC many times and they ask me to wait until the permit is returned back to them.

Thanks ,
Aanchal Singh

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Agreed with @Binabik ...
@GalioAP
Anyhow what i did - been coordinate with post office and i informed CIC that they sent my owp to wrong address to this
I able to get it from post office (thanks Canada post) and i able to get replacement from CIC (2 months later)
My owp doesn’t have any tracking I’d . How can I go to Canada post without that ?? Please help.

Thanks,
Aanchal Singh

GalioAP

Nov 4, 2017
it was resolved. The PGWP was sent back to CIC and I contacted them. They remailed it to my correct address.

Thank you people.

Thank god i didnt have to apply for replacement.

Gowsh

Oct 10, 2015
Agreed with @Binabik ...
@GalioAP
Brother can you help me out.. How did manage to co ordinate with canada post.. Coz my document has been send to wrong address

Hirdika

Jan 14, 2022
it was resolved. The PGWP was sent back to CIC and I contacted them. They remailed it to my correct address.

Thank you people.

Thank god i didnt have to apply for replacement.
Hello dear ,
I have a similar situation going on with me.
I didnt update my address while the application was in progress. So when i received my work permit approval on nov 13 2021, i sent them the web form the same day requesting them to resend it to my new address. Its jan 14 2021 and still didnt get my letter. I just dont what to do now and when i call ircc they dont pick up the call and all i van do now is to wait but i dont have have any valid document. Please help me out

AliceF3231

Jun 15, 2022
Hello dear ,
I didnt update my address while the application was in progress. So when i received my work permit approval on nov 13 2021, i sent them the web form the same day requesting them to resend it to my new address. Its jan 14 2021 and still didnt get my letter. I just dont what to do now and when i call ircc they dont pick up the call and all i van do now is to wait but i dont have have any valid document. Please help me out
Hello, I have the exact problem, they just sent me the approval and I realized that the address is not correct. What did you do?

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Brother can you help me out.. How did manage to co ordinate with canada post.. Coz my document has been send to wrong address
Hi,

How to.... first I checked my "wrong address". I put the wrong street and number but still in the same neighborhood. So I went to post office around neighborhood and asked very nicely.. with a right approach. Mentioned that my important document may come to the wrong address and I wonder if they had my document on their data bla bla bla... I believe, I showed them my ID card then they enter my name and the sender on their system and voila.. I got my document. I lived in Glenmore, Calgary. The staffs who work in Canada Post so awesome over there.

chris122395

Nov 6, 2019
Hello dear ,
Did you get your work permit document already? I have a similar situation.