+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved for a duration shorter than expected

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Hey folks,
I recently got my PGWP application approved for one year. This is after having completed two programs in Canada. A 1-year course (Sep 2018 - Aug 2019) and another 8-month program (Nov 2019 - June 2020) both full-time and from DLIs.
Courses are: Software and Infomation Systems Testing at Fanshawe College, London, Ontario for the first one and Object-Oriented Software Development at SAIT, Calgary, Alberta for the second one
Was hoping to get some advice on how to proceed and get a longer permit or if you knew of any PNPs that enable us to get PR within 1 year, I don't have any previous work experience and rely heavily on a longer work permit to get enough points for PR.

Much appreciated

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hey folks,
I recently got my PGWP application approved for one year. This is after having completed two programs in Canada. A 1-year course (Sep 2018 - Aug 2019) and another 8-month program (Nov 2019 - June 2020) both full-time and from DLIs.
Courses are: Software and Infomation Systems Testing at Fanshawe College, London, Ontario for the first one and Object-Oriented Software Development at SAIT, Calgary, Alberta for the second one
Was hoping to get some advice on how to proceed and get a longer permit or if you knew of any PNPs that enable us to get PR within 1 year, I don't have any previous work experience and rely heavily on a longer work permit to get enough points for PR.

Much appreciated
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

I think you should be getting a longer permit. Call the IRCC call center using the link above and speak to one of the agents about your case during weekdays(8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). They should be able to let you know how to go ahead with the appeal process.

Reactions: R_P

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

I think you should be getting a longer permit. Call the IRCC call center using the link above and speak to one of the agents about your case during weekdays(8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). They should be able to let you know how to go ahead with the appeal process.
I have done that, praying it works out. They said it might take 20-30 days and reach out again after that.

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hey folks,

Much appreciated
Did you specifically ask for a 3 years PGWP in your LOE? Sometimes, when you do 2 different programs in 2 different provinces, you got got 1 year of PGWP. You got to fight for it man. Fingers crossed you you brother!!! Please keep us all updated!!

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Did you specifically ask for a 3 years PGWP in your LOE? Sometimes, when you do 2 different programs in 2 different provinces, you got got 1 year of PGWP. You got to fight for it man. Fingers crossed you you brother!!! Please keep us all updated!!
I did not explicitly ask for a 3 yr permit however, I did imply that I have done two courses both with 2 semesters each. Appreciate your prayers. Will do.

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Just wanted to give an update and a thank you to those who helped out. After having called the IRCC Call Center and explaining the situation and also creating a web form ticket with a recently acquired certificate I was granted a new permit, this time a 3 yr long one!
Good job bro!!!

Reactions: R_P

mycanada15

Dec 11, 2021
Just wanted to give an update and a thank you to those who helped out. After having called the IRCC Call Center and explaining the situation and also creating a web form ticket with a recently acquired certificate I was granted a new permit, this time a 3 yr long one!
Hi,
can you please share your process of extending PGWP. How many days it took to process web form request, did you attached any documents with web form request? was the ticket created by call centre agent or you did online? please let me know. you can email me at bpatel530@gmail.com