+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Application Timeline

radzarei

Jan 1, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate some words of encouragement, as well as advice. So here's the deal: my study permit expires on March 2016, and I applied for my PGWP (and TRV,too) online on October 6,2015. So, it's been a little over 90 days and I'm getting kinda worried to be honest that my application hasn't been approved or even updated.

Can anyone give me some advice or any tips based on your own experience with this application? In addition, say that I am near expiration of my visa, what should I do while I wait for my PGWP?

Thanks in advance! \m/

elcholoboritos

Sep 20, 2015
Hello!

I got my PGWP recently and can give you some advice. If I am not mistaken, works permits are taking like 110 days to process. When I applied for mine it took around a month longer than the estimated time (when I submitted my application the processing time was 68 days but by the end it went up to around a 100). Processing times tend to change which is kind of annoying but what can be done?

In regards to your PGWP expiration, the law dictates that if your application is still being processed then you can stay in canada while waiting for a response, even if your current status has already expired.

Hope I was able to help. Happy new year!

radzarei

Jan 1, 2016
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. Glad that you were also able to get your PGWP without any trouble other than the delay.

It's just the anxiety of waiting for it to be approved and my study permit nearing its expiration that's driving me nuts.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi,
i applied on october 2. so i guess we are on the same boat. i am 90% sure that we get the implied status on the day we apply for pgwp and till we get it. however it allows people to stay and work in canada according to the terms and conditions of their original study permit before applying for pgwp.

hope it helps. trust me, i am as frustrated as you. i hope we get the permit soon.
cheers

radzarei

Jan 1, 2016
Oh wow,

Thanks for your reply, bud. Yeah it is quite nerve-racking waiting for the approval. I hope you get yours too, bud.